Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Lipo question - Help - Noob >

Lipo question - Help - Noob

Lipo question - Help - Noob

Old 04-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lipo question - Help - Noob

Can someone help with this. I have a Dynamite passport. I read the piece below on ebay.

DO NOT CHARGE AT MORE THAN 1C unless specifically authorized by the pack vendor. I have personally had a fire in my home because of violating this rule. Todays highest discharge batteries can supposedly be safely charged at greater than 1C, however so far in all cases doing so shortens the life of the pack. Better to buy 3 packs than to try to charge 1 pack 3 times quickly. This may change in the future but 1C is still the recommended charge rate.

What does that mean? I don't have a C setting on my charger. The charger automatically changes the amps based on whether it's a 2s, 3s, etc... and as well I put in the mAH of the battery.

I have a Dynamite Prophet charger, I don't get what C means. There doesn't appear to be a C setting, unless you are saying that regardless of whether the battery is 2s, 3s, 4s, I should select 1s? Confused.

My Dynamite prophet charger only lets you put in
Pack voltage like 7.4, etc...
Capacity
Current
End Cell Voltage
Old 04-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

C is referring the discharge rate in amps as a multipler of the capacity of your battery. For example, for a 5000 mah pack 1C charge is equal to 5 amps. 2C is 10 amps, and so on. Sometime you just enter your packs capacity, and it will automatically set the charge rate at 1C.

Your photo appears to be showing just this.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Yep, got it. Seems as if it autocalculates it for dum dums like me.