Wiki Posts
Search

Having hard time choosing a new radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Having hard time choosing a new radio

My beloved Ko Propo started glitching on me and i think it's time for a new radio.
With all the new radios on the market, I'm having a hard time choosing which one to get. I see that receivers are getting stupid expensive so I wanna factor that in just cause I have a lot of cars.
Stick with Ko Propo and get the ex1 v3? Or go with the 4pks-r, 4px, m12, m11x? I've held the 4px and feels easy to get use to. One of my first radios was a m8 so I'm assuming the m-series still feels somewhat the same. I love the way the ex10 feels, is the ex1 similar?
For some reason I'm leaning toward the 4pks-r. Your input is greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

My KoPropo Helios didnt die, it was time for a upgrade. I had Ko for at least 15 years. I switched 2 years ago to Spektrum DX4R Pro. I does feel a little different, and it took me about a day of racing to get used to it. Best move I made.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

which kopropo receivers do you have cuz maybe you can just buy the radio and use the same receivers you got.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Don't know if you are the guy who always want the latest tech or not. If money isn't a problem, always go for the latest.
But I recently upgraded from a Flysky gt3b to an m11x, and it was a cheap upgrade. $170 comes with lipo , 2 rx, and tx.
All I say is WOW, I found I drive much much better now with the new radio and I can't believe how connected it is from driver to the car. The guy who sold me the radio was using m12, he told me he really couldn't tell any difference( he is a pro and has been in the game for 20 years)
Old 01-16-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If Futaba, I would try the 4PX-R, the latest and greatest.

Although my 4PKS-R has been flawless.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tebo still using the KO isnt he? new ones must be OK. Buddy went from DX4 Pro to Futaba and loves the change, says he feels more connected to the car. I still use my DX3 pro and love it but if I were going to a new one I would really look at the MT4s (air /sanwa) Seems Like alot of radio for the buck
Old 01-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

How bout the spektrum DX4R? $300 shipped comes with 2 AVC telemetry receivers which the telemetry can obviously be turned off if you don't want it..

Anyone have that or any insight on it??
Old 01-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had a 4PKRS and upgraded to a 4PX. The 4px never felt quite as good to me as the 4pkrs unfortunately ( there are some known issues with the 4px). I'm gonna try the EX-1 V3, hopefully it's not a bad decision.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I recently had the 4px and the user interface was a dream. Simple to use and make adjustments on the fly, that being said I never really felt connected to the car. I bought my son a MT4 and right away I felt like I was more connected to the car and was driving better so I got myself an M12S. I'm glad I did and now I'm racing with much more confidence then ever.

I grew up on Futaba radios but I gotta say the Airtronics has been a nice upgrade for me. One thing I don't like though is something you mentioned as well, the cost of the recievers (Airtronics). Futaba receivers are far cheaper so that is something to take into consideration but for me the most important aspect is how I am able to transfer what my brain wants to what the car is actually doing and with the Airtronics I feel I am more able to do so.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks everyone for your opinion. It's greatly appreciated. I'm leaning toward buying the 4pks-r and just pm'd someone on a new Ko Propo radio. I love my ex10 and would like to get it fixed and still use it from time to time.

As for the 4px-r, I'm not a fan of the chrome look lol overall Futaba is what I'll be shopping for tho. I'll keep this thread updated once I make a purchase. Feel free to PM me if you have a 4pks-r for sale lol
Old 01-18-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

In my view nothing comes close to a Sanwa M12S with a SSR compatible servo and esc.

Completely undocumented, but I believe that this combination provides the highest definition and fastest signal on the market.

Whether or not you like the physical aspects of the radio is off course a completely different matter.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin
In my view nothing comes close to a Sanwa M12S with a SSR compatible servo and esc.

Completely undocumented, but I believe that this combination provides the highest definition and fastest signal on the market.

Whether or not you like the physical aspects of the radio is off course a completely different matter.
+1000000000.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Just an update for everyone. I ended up picking up another Ko Propo EX-10 with a Ko module Spektrum spread. Super fast compared to my other Ko with a Spektrum module. Hella happy with my decision and it all only cost me less than $100. Just need some 408s receivers. I only have one and need at least 3-4 more lol thanks for everyone's input