Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Charger Suggestion Hitec X4? >

Charger Suggestion Hitec X4?

Charger Suggestion Hitec X4?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Hitter X4 Charger

I currently have a Hyperion IOSO 720i charger which is wonderful however I was really thinking about purchasing a dual charger...one the can charge 2 or more batteries at the same time. I just cannot figure out which brand and model to go with as they do have a number of them now I believe. I would like a good quality charger that can do pretty much everything my current charger does but obviously just be able to charge more than one battery and just looking through a few chargers I came across a "Hitec X4 AC Plus Four-Channel AC/DC Multi-Charger (6S/6A/50W x 4)" . Anyone have any opinions on this particular 'Hitec X4"? I am looking to spend right at $200.00 So any Hitec X4 owners here that can give any opinions on it?

This charger looks perfect as I would love to be able to charge all 4 of my Lipo's at one time.

Here is the link to the one I am considering:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...c44167/p214203
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ShadowX; 10-31-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link
Old 10-31-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Okay I am just going to assume that this is a great charger and possibly order one. The reviews on amain and other sites are giving this particular charger great reviews.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not sure but I think the only thing it couldn't do was balance discharge. Its faster just to run your battery down and storage charge it anyways though.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nachofoot
I'm not sure but I think the only thing it couldn't do was balance discharge. Its faster just to run your battery down and storage charge it anyways though.
Yeah that is what I always do anyway when I am finished for the day with my batteries. Seriously though this charger looks amazing and again to be able to charge 4 batteries at the same time is great.

I fly tri-copters and heli's BTW so most of my batteries are 3s 1300mah 40c batteries for the tri-copter.

Have not ordered a heli yet but will next Month......as I am still learning and I am having an absolute blast flying this thing.
Again I just hate to wait over an hour for a single battery charge just so I can get right under 10 minutes of fly time...it is torture!
Old 10-31-2015, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

This one also looks pretty amazing too and has a decent amount of positive reviews. It is called the "Dynamite Prophet Sport Quattro AC/DC Multi-Chemistry Charger (6S/8A/100W x 4)" I am really liking how simple the charger looks; I am sure it is very simple to use.It is definitely a little pricey but hey a good charger that I plan on having for years I will pay extra for. Check it out:
http://www.heliproz.com/rc-helicopte...yn4110/p251099

I am just curious if it has a hookup with the plugs to be able to charge on a car battery...because as of now our flying field has no outlets.

I have to apologize as I do not know much about chargers so please bear with me with these questions. The only way to learn is to ask questions and more importantly read up on stuff.

On the specifications on this battery it says "The built-in AC/DC power supply saves space and time by reducing the hassle of using an external power supply." So that sounds like it will handle being charged off of a car battery...but I could be wrong.

...but again that second link for the Dynamite Prophet Sport Quattro looks like the charger to have; nice and simple just like I like everything in life...again I need to find out if it can be charged on a car battery. I cannot find this anywhere on the internet I may just all my local hobby shop and ask them...I mean they are paid to know that kind of stuff right?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ShadowX; 10-31-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added more to my reply
Old 10-31-2015, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I own a hitec x4 and an icharger 4010 duo. The ability to do 4 different packs or different levels is great. However, if I placed a pack on each charger at the same levels, I can charge, race and almost be charged again before the hitec is even done charging. It is very slow. I race only 2s. The way i have gone about charging multiple packs is to only run for 5 minutes ( 2s lipos, I race oval), and then parallel charge. I can charge 8 5000 mah packs in about 20 minutes at 2c with the icharger. The hitec would take about 45, in my experience to balance charge 1. Buy the icharger and parallel boards. Never buy another charger. I know I wont.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
I own a hitec x4 and an icharger 4010 duo. The ability to do 4 different packs or different levels is great. However, if I placed a pack on each charger at the same levels, I can charge, race and almost be charged again before the hitec is even done charging. It is very slow. I race only 2s. The way i have gone about charging multiple packs is to only run for 5 minutes ( 2s lipos, I race oval), and then parallel charge. I can charge 8 5000 mah packs in about 20 minutes at 2c with the icharger. The hitec would take about 45, in my experience to balance charge 1. Buy the icharger and parallel boards. Never buy another charger. I know I wont.
Thanks I will definitely look into that. I know that particular charger is mighty expensive but judging by the reviews it is one amazing charger.
I still have some learning to do...again right now I am charging my batteries on my car battery with my Hyperion charger as there are no outlets...if this is not setup for that then I will have to just wait a little while or buy myself a small compressor to power this thing.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

You don't need the 4010. The numbers on icharger state the amps then cells available to charge. Mine is 40 amps up to 10 cell lipos. And duo of course meaning two channels. I can charge 40 amps and up to 10 cell lipos on both sides. Go to progressiverc.com and look at their stuff. You can certainly run off a car battery with these as well. Lots of the rotor and fixed wing guys do it at the field. YouTube is very helpful for that particular setup.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

If you do decide on an icharger, I highly recommend getting it from progressive. They will warranty it, if ever nessesary, and you won't need to deal with a third party. Their customer support is great and I recommend a chat with them. They will be able to tell you what you need and not try to up sell you.
As far as power supplies for it, look on ebay for server power supplies. I typed in 24v rc power supply, also 12v rc power supply. I am using a 24V 1500 watt server power supply. By going this route I saved about $350

Last edited by plumbcrazy; 11-01-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
If you do decide on an icharger, I highly recommend getting it from progressive. They will warranty it, if ever nessesary, and you won't need to deal with a third party. Their customer support is great and I recommend a chat with them. They will be able to tell you what you need and not try to up sell you.
As far as power supplies for it, look on ebay for server power supplies. I typed in 24v rc power supply, also 12v rc power supply. I am using a 24V 1500 watt server power supply. By going this route I saved about $350
Bro Progresiverc like you mentioned their customer support is great. I forgot to mention that I am only flying a Tricopter right now until I feel like I am good enough for my first decent size Heli.
I recently quit the cars as I just grew tired of them.

Actually I should be ready I mean I can fly that little "Blade MCPX V2" helicopter both regular and inverted like second nature now and even some 3D fun with it...but honestly this homemade style Tricopter I have been flying the past few weeks is way more fun as I can actually see this thing in the sky as it is quite a bit bigger and man is it fast and flips around so fast it blows me away.

Anyway back to ProgressiveRC...for now they just sold me an adapter parallel charge board to where I can charge up to 6 Lipo's ranging from 2s to 6s all at one time as long as I charge them all that the same rate etc.
For now this is perfect and all I need until I go with what you mentioned. Man they took $10.00 off of an already cheap adapter kit and I just ordered 5 more 1300mah 3s batteries. I mean for the same amount of time it takes me to charge one battery (1 hour average if charging at 1c) well now supposedly it will take the same amount of time for 6 Lipos...1 hour.

They say I can bump the the charge rate to 5c being that these little "Zippy Compact 1300mah 40c" batteries are indeed rated at 5c but man I am really nervous about that. I might bump it up to 2 or 3c or even if I stick with the 1C charge rate like I have been I do not mind waiting an hour for 6 fully charged Lipo's compared to just one.

Tomorrow I'm trying this parallel charge board for the first time.

See...racing cars for a while and I am just now catching on to this kind of stuff...but I raced Nitro and had only decided to race electric as well not too long before I decided to switch hobbies...but I am learning now so that is cool.

Last edited by ShadowX; 11-08-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added Information