Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venom medion won't charge 1-cell lipos.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Venom medion won't charge 1-cell lipos.

Any thoughts on why my venom medion charger says voltage to low on my one cell batteries when set for one cell? My Hyperion works just fine.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Well compare the two. Plus use a multimeter. You'll find out which to trust. What ever manufacture, they have different specs like lipos. believe the lipo ratings and minimum voltage and maintenance.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Well compare the two. Plus use a multimeter. You'll find out which to trust. What ever manufacture, they have different specs like lipos. believe the lipo ratings and minimum voltage and maintenance.
I can take a fresh charged battery off the hyperion and the venom charger says the voltage is to low. Checked with voltmeter and they are what they should be. Sent a note to venom and asked them, see what they say. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Something wrong with Venom. Take it back to where you bought it and exchange of refund. or the venom not set for 1s lipos. make sure you set the charger, you may have it set for 2s. that why it says low voltage.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Do you have a balance lead plugged in? I just found out that my Onyx 245 will throw an error code if I try to charge my one cell pack with my balance lead plugged in.

Just a thought.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ropes
Do you have a balance lead plugged in? I just found out that my Onyx 245 will throw an error code if I try to charge my one cell pack with my balance lead plugged in.

Just a thought.
3.7 1S lipo don't use a balance board. one cell what there to balance!! I think he didn't set up the charger for 1s.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
3.7 1S lipo don't use a balance board. one cell what there to balance!! I think he didn't set up the charger for 1s.
What Ropes means is if you have the balance cable plugged in to the charger it wont charge a 1s pack. You have to disconnect the balance lead from the charger.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That is indeed what I was referring to. I use a 2S integrated balancing charge lead, and I can only imagine that when I try to charge my 1S pack when the balance port is in use, my charger senses the 1S voltage where it thinks it should be sensing a 2S voltage.

Purely a theoretical thought process. If jbrow1 isn't using one of those charge leads, then my suggestion holds no ground and I look forward to hearing vemon's response.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Eric & ropes, JBrow says its 1s lipo charging. What happens when your charger set up for 2s, charger is set to 2s, charger check the lipo for 6v. When you charge 1s its looking for 3v. That why its says low voltage, its reading 3v.

Even though you have connection with balance board it wont see that its connected. Its what is set up on your charger. When you balance, you choose to balance.e & set it to individual cells. you monitor its charge. All 1s lipos don't have a balance connector, not needed...

I use a BC6 which is the same charger as the Hyperion. BC6 use on lipos 1s-6s or auto. which I'm confortable, Been using this charger approximately 5-6yrs.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ropes

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by EricW
What Ropes means is if you have the balance cable plugged in to the charger it wont charge a 1s pack. You have to disconnect the balance lead from the charger.
Brilliant! Unplugged the harness from the charger and it works! Thanks guys that's going to make things much easier now