Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Accucel 6 not charging over 0.1A >

Accucel 6 not charging over 0.1A

Accucel 6 not charging over 0.1A

Old 06-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Accucel 6 not charging over 0.1A

Hi guys,

I have not used the Accucel 6 before but it doesn't seem to work well and I'm wondering if the error lies with the charger, the power supply or myself. The charging rate is stuck at 0.1A (sometimes even 0.0A), regardless of what I put in (e.g. 2.2 for a 2200mAh, 5 for 5000mAh, etc). I have tried two regular computer power supplies. The obvious answer would be the power supplies are too weak, but is that even possible, only 0.1A? I'm not sure if I'm reading the PSU labels correctly but one says 14A for +12V1, 15A for +12V2 (what is the distinction?) and the other is 18A for 12V. I run my 3D printer with one of them so I have a hard time believing they're not strong enough. I checked with the battery tester and the 5000mAh lipo is at 15%.

So what am I doing wrong?
Thanks a lot!

Bruno
Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Going to have to send some more photos on how you are hooking up the power supply to the charger and the charger to the batteries.