Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HELP! Unsual Radio Problem >

HELP! Unsual Radio Problem

HELP! Unsual Radio Problem

Old 06-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Questions?? HELP! Unsual Radio Problem

The steering wheel controls the throttle and nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Here are the details. The car has been running normal as recently as yesterday. Today, I changed the esc capacitor (yes it is soldered with the correct polarity) and covered the wiring with expandable sleeving. That's it. I made no radio changes. When I turned the car on, the receiver is green, and the esc is normal. When I turned the steering wheel right it runs the car in forward, and when I turn the steering wheel left, it reverses. Nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Everything is plugged in correctly into the proper channel. I have never had this kind of problem in my 30 years of RC. Any ideas?

Transmitter: Futaba 4PKS-R, Receiver: Futaba R614FS ESC: Tekin RS Gen 2
Old 06-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1mrdad
The steering wheel controls the throttle and nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Here are the details. The car has been running normal as recently as yesterday. Today, I changed the esc capacitor (yes it is soldered with the correct polarity) and covered the wiring with expandable sleeving. That's it. I made no radio changes. When I turned the car on, the receiver is green, and the esc is normal. When I turned the steering wheel right it runs the car in forward, and when I turn the steering wheel left, it reverses. Nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Everything is plugged in correctly into the proper channel. I have never had this kind of problem in my 30 years of RC. Any ideas?

Transmitter: Futaba 4PKS-R, Receiver: Futaba R614FS ESC: Tekin RS Gen 2
I'd start by switching positions of the servo and ESC wires on the receiver. Sounds like they got mixed up when you sleeved them.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Talking DUH!

Never mind. Even though I thought I triple checked everything, I plugged the servo into the b/c slot and the esc into channel 1 (steering). Guess I better get new bifocals.