Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cool. Must be how they are.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Curious how everyone is mounting their receiver in their 1/8 buggies/truggies. I've always used double sided tape only but I've seen some pics with people wrapping their receiver with foam and placing it in the box(at least that's what it looks like). Thanks for the input.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Initiate

I just put double sided stick tape on the bottom of mine and put it in the receiver box.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, does anybody know how the M12S compare to MT-4S in terms response times? their technology description seem to be the same. I'm currently on MT-4 and itching to upgrade.

Please educate me about other M12S vs MT-4S comparisons, thanks.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The M12S is given for 0.88ms latency and the MT4-S is about 2.9ms. (source: lrp)

I'm quite not sure for the latency of the M12S because on the product description page, it is said to be 30% faster than the M12, but the M12 is 2.23ms latency (which is right according to the MT4-S product description where it is said the MT4-S is almost as fast as the M12); so the M12S latency should be more about 1.5ms normally...

I've recently got the MT4-S for wheight reason and because it has all the features of the M12/M12S for half the price

Regards,
G-rem
Old 01-12-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Does the MT4-s have race mode programming? Google mt12-s race mode - love that feature. Also, I love the DMS feature when switching between models. I'm not sure what the mt4 has, but I love the mT12s so much more than my MT4. The operating system is nicer, the ergonomics are much better, and the quality of the wheel and trigger feels better. With that said there is nothing wrong with the mT4(s). I could have used it until it broke or became obsolete. The M12s just has a bunch of small things that add to a better experience IMO. IMO I'd rather have the MT12S than another new kit.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Hey thanks for the reply, somehow i missed those info surfing through the web. I ended up with the m12s. The only thing i don't like is the weight and bulkyness. But I just love the ergo, I'm using the drop down and tilted wheel. can't live with out them now.. thanks again... they should make one with the MT4 form factor and simpleness but with the speed and ergo stuff.

Originally Posted by G-rem
The M12S is given for 0.88ms latency and the MT4-S is about 2.9ms. (source: lrp)

I'm quite not sure for the latency of the M12S because on the product description page, it is said to be 30% faster than the M12, but the M12 is 2.23ms latency (which is right according to the MT4-S product description where it is said the MT4-S is almost as fast as the M12); so the M12S latency should be more about 1.5ms normally...

I've recently got the MT4-S for wheight reason and because it has all the features of the M12/M12S for half the price

Regards,
G-rem
Old 01-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mk74
Hey thanks for the reply, somehow i missed those info surfing through the web. I ended up with the m12s. The only thing i don't like is the weight and bulkyness. But I just love the ergo, I'm using the drop down and tilted wheel. can't live with out them now.. thanks again... they should make one with the MT4 form factor and simpleness but with the speed and ergo stuff.
But is it still true that to fully utilize the speed of the M12s you have to pair it with the correct Airtronic servos?
Old 01-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lil-bump
But is it still true that to fully utilize the speed of the M12s you have to pair it with the correct Airtronic servos?

I may have this a little wrong, but some servos are faster than the paired combo of a Sanwa servo with the M12S.

I asked the question if I could run my Proteck 160SS low profile servo in the SSR mode. The answer I got was the Sanwa servos have a specific frame rate number (I think that was the spec referenced) and some other brands actually have higher numbers. When I looked into it my protek 160SS was faster, so running it in SHR mode was faster and safer with my M12S than running my Protect 160SS/M12S in SSR.

Personally, I think the whole SSR mode thing is a way to sell more Sanwa products. Just buy a fast servo and you'll more than likely have to turn speeds down.

This is 1 cent info. please correct if wrong.

And don't forget to play with the ergo of the trigger. I have my trigger angled towards my steering hand and my wheel angled towards my trigger hand. It feels so natural to be able to have both wrists inline with my forearms than angled out a bit like a standard Tx would place you.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes it is, you will need to invest in SRG servos. They are on to a V2 "Strength Version" as well.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finalist
I may have this a little wrong, but some servos are faster than the paired combo of a Sanwa servo with the M12S.

I asked the question if I could run my Proteck 160SS low profile servo in the SSR mode. The answer I got was the Sanwa servos have a specific frame rate number (I think that was the spec referenced) and some other brands actually have higher numbers. When I looked into it my protek 160SS was faster, so running it in SHR mode was faster and safer with my M12S than running my Protect 160SS/M12S in SSR.

Personally, I think the whole SSR mode thing is a way to sell more Sanwa products. Just buy a fast servo and you'll more than likely have to turn speeds down.

This is 1 cent info. please correct if wrong.

And don't forget to play with the ergo of the trigger. I have my trigger angled towards my steering hand and my wheel angled towards my trigger hand. It feels so natural to be able to have both wrists inline with my forearms than angled out a bit like a standard Tx would place you.
So if you can not run this radio in SSR mode. Is it true; the M12s has the same speed as the M12?
Old 01-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

So if you can not run this radio in SSR mode. Is it true; the M12s has the same speed as the M12?
I have no idea, but I would guess m12s in shr mode compares to the m12 very well. It's all so fast anyway. I've let people drive my set up and they have been shocked by the speed coming from older Txs.

I wouldn't worry about radio speeds. The benefits are in all the other areas.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just upgraded to an M12S from an MT-4S and I can tell a difference in response. I felt way more connected to the car and a lot more consistent with this radio. Running a RX-481 with it.

I used the drop down in the forward position with the R tilt forward and the maxline offset wheel. LOVE IT !
Old 01-16-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Anybody else having trouble getting their PC recognize their M12S? I'm trying to update to the latest firmware and you have to load the drivers for the M12s manually by going in the device manager but nothing new shows up when I plug in my M12S to the PC.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know where i can get the larger steering wheel and foam separately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.