Wiki Posts
Search

Savox warranty issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Savox warranty issue

My Savox 2274SG servo's mounting ears on one side broke off. The servo is about 4 or 5 months old. Savox says it's not covered under warranty. I don't really want to replace the plastic case with another plastic case. Does anyone know which, if any, of their aluminum top case will fit?
Old 04-08-2015, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Oh, Savox is out of stock on the case and I can't find it elsewhere either. LoL great
Old 04-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Never seen a servo with aluminum mounting tabs....the main case, yes, but not the top.

Only 2 reasons the mounting tabs break, a bad crash and/or over-tightening.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran my savox low profile for the 1st time,tooth broke of one of the gears...no warranty..no replacement parts ....only spent about 500.00 on their products last few year.... time to find another brand.not real good at customer service
Old 04-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Never seen a servo with aluminum mounting tabs....the main case, yes, but not the top.

Only 2 reasons the mounting tabs break, a bad crash and/or over-tightening.
I have seen this on eBay, logo on it is Tworks. It has the 2274 in the list on the description too.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Do you have the link?
Old 04-10-2015, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7075-T6-Alum...item4ae6a3fe28
Old 04-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Sweet dude. Perfect. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

So, the first guy broke an ear off his servo, second guy crashes and strips a servo gear and all of this is Savox's fault?? This thread title is misleading. It is NOT a warranty issue, it's a you wanting them to fix your mistakes for free issue.

Out of my 20+ R/C cars I run 3 Savox servos on 2 R/Cs, my wheeler, which takes some high speed hits really hard, which is why I switched it to Savox TG, as well as my super class 4WD/4WS crawler.

I have never dealt with Savox customer service so I can not say for sure whether it is good or bad, but I can say that this thread is in no way a good example of whether or not their C/S or products are good or bad.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
So, the first guy broke an ear off his servo, second guy crashes and strips a servo gear and all of this is Savox's fault?? This thread title is misleading. It is NOT a warranty issue, it's a you wanting them to fix your mistakes for free issue.

Out of my 20+ R/C cars I run 3 Savox servos on 2 R/Cs, my wheeler, which takes some high speed hits really hard, which is why I switched it to Savox TG, as well as my super class 4WD/4WS crawler.

I have never dealt with Savox customer service so I can not say for sure whether it is good or bad, but I can say that this thread is in no way a good example of whether or not their C/S or products are good or bad.
wow...you always put words in peoples mouth ?? never said it crashed..at least not till after it lost steering to the right for the 3rd or 4th time of practice,at which time it locked up completely. found crap inside of servo that resembles the face of a tooth. I cant say i even care so much about warranty,but if I am to spend money with a company for a product, i do think parts should be available.That I believe goes back to customer service. I was much more upset that parts are not availabl,e than whether or not warranty would cover the repair .
Old 04-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Do you have the link?
The link is in my post, the blue or underlined part that says "this on ebay" has an embedded hyperlink in it.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bpalmer
wow...you always put words in peoples mouth ?? never said it crashed..at least not till after it lost steering to the right for the 3rd or 4th time of practice,at which time it locked up completely. found crap inside of servo that resembles the face of a tooth. I cant say i even care so much about warranty,but if I am to spend money with a company for a product, i do think parts should be available.That I believe goes back to customer service. I was much more upset that parts are not available than whether or not warranty would cover the repair .
Servo teeth dont just break. Whether it is a recent crash or a past one. I didnt put words in your mouth. But if you are gonna sit there and say the servo just broke, and was not a result of a crash I can not believe that.

What model savox was it that broke?

They have 7 pages of gear sets on their website.
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_Servo_Gear_Sets_s/40.htm

Thats a lot of gear sets, I find it hard to believe that the ones for your servo are not available.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Oh and, OP, Savox has your case in stock. It's $6.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SAVCSB...vcsb2274sg.htm