mt4/mt4s, receivers

Old 03-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)
Default mt4/mt4s, receivers

what all receivers will work with these 2 radios and how much of a difference is there in the 2 radios? thinking about buying one and upgrading from my dx3r.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by penguineman
what all receivers will work with these 2 radios and how much of a difference is there in the 2 radios? thinking about buying one and upgrading from my dx3r.
I am also very curious as to the differences. I am upgrading from a newbie RTR radios. I want to step it up a level and get either the MT-4 or MT-4s. I heard the difference is the backlight -not sure what else is different.

I also want to know what receivers are compatible and will telemetry work on all compatible receivers? Or does the receiver need to have telemetry on it in order to use telemetry? What is the least expensive airtronics receiver that will work with the MT-4 or MT-4s?

I want to put airtronics receivers in all my cars so I can just use one radio. I have over 10 RTR radios and sometimes I am lost which one is for what car. I have to turn on each radio and see which radio moves the servo. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Airtronics MT-4S Super 2.4GHz FH4T 4-Channel Telemetry-Capable** Radio System w/RX-472 Super Response Receiver & Sanwa Synchronized Link. The MT-4S Super builds on the original MT-4 by adding Sanwa Synchronized Link support, decreased response time (same as the M12), a new backlit LCD, RX-472 Super Response receiver and updated steering wheel and graphics.Telemetry Capable Airtronics receiver required (RX-461 or RX-462) for full Telemetry capability.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cheapest one I found was a guy on this forum that is local to me and bought it for $50. It was a 92744 FHSS-3 I believe.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The RX-471 are the smallest, lightest receiver that will work with the MT-4. You will lose your telemetry capabilities but the receiver will work just fine. The rx-472 will not work.

However there is a new antenna-less receiver that was just announced, might want to what and see about them.