Wiki Posts
Search

8th buggy 1900 vs 2000kv ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 8th buggy 1900 vs 2000kv ?

about to get a second e-buggy build going, been running an rx8 gen2 and a 2000kv in a converted jq and its been fun, i have it dialed way back with no timing, and no limiter, on 4s, two 2s 6400 90c nano-tech packs... i bought the combo to use for an e-truggy but got the buggy built first and its been so stable, cool running, tons of punch and a seriously long runtime, its my new favorite in the rotation...

i was gonna plunk down for another 2000kv as i have a second rx8 for my build, but was wondering what is the general go to kv motor for racing... seems like with so many settings to dial back power and smoothness, i would assume id go higher kv, but im not sure what the majority of guys running ebuggy now are using... any thoughts? thermal stability is key really, i dont want to push batteries or my esc's to the brink...
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It really depends on what tracks your running on, small/medium sized or big outdoor track, what vehicle weight is and of course personal wants/needs. I have a Orion 1900 in my 8ight.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

If you are talking Tekin you are looking at a buggy motor (the 1900) vs a truggy motor (the 2000). They do have a buggy 2050KV as well if you are shopping ideas.

The difference there will be almost all in the torque you have on hand. Truggy motors are much higher in torque and that may or may not be what you want.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i was thinking about the 2050, but than worry about gearing to compensate the torque than risking running hot? than a 1900 but the opposite problem.. possible cogging?..is this something i should consider? i guess you could say im building the new buggy for outdoors, but want to dial it back for multi use for various tracks, i know theres not one gold standard... but maybe you guys who run various style tracks can help, i dont really consider my ebuggy a serious racer, but more of a throw it down and run, fun class to enter, take a break from the nitro but get my practice in with the same style chassis... if that makes sense.. i guess my original question should be phrased, what is the most usable kv rating to gear for in-out doors.. that wont tax batteries or esc's running on a big layout... but smooth enough to run indoors...
Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just get that 1900kv tekin along with their gen2 esc, you gonna be happy