Community
Wiki Posts
Search

contact info for hyperion chargers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default contact info for hyperion chargers?

Hideeho
Does any one know how to get in touch with hyperion to get some work done on one of their chargers? I tried their web site (http://www.hyperion-world.com/) but there is no contact info there. The manual does not even have contact info. It only states to contact the seller for warranty coverage.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Empire Hobby is the US distributor. But I suspect they will refer you back to your dealer, as you've mentioned. And also mentioned on their site.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave H
Empire Hobby is the US distributor. But I suspect they will refer you back to your dealer, as you've mentioned. And also mentioned on their site.
Hideeho
Thanks, I'll send them an email. Hopefully they can help me. The charger in question is about 3 years old, so WAY out of warranty, & I obviously broke it (don't leave the AC plug in it when try to stuff it in an over full trunk, lesson learned ).
Old 03-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave H
Hideeho
I contacted Empire. As expected they told me to contact my seller (used on ebay in my case ) or find a local electronics repair man. I think I will be buying a different brand charger next time. That SUCKS because I really like my 2 Hyperion chargers.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

While I share frustration with the difficulty and lack of good repair options with modern electronics, I'm not sure if other brands are any different. Does any charger company do repairs anymore? Seems all I hear of is perhaps a slight discount on a new unit at best.

I used to really enjoy the challenge of repairing stuff, learned a bit along the way too. I have an old Pyramid linear power supply that I've repaired probably 5 or 6 times over the years. Including upgrading the bridge rectifier in an attempt to improve the reliability (with little success lol). Modern surface mount stuff is much more challenging, at least for me but apparently I'm not alone, so sadly it's toss and replace in most cases.

I encourage taking advantage of any local recycling program for electronics.