Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS V1 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Tekin RS V1 Issue

Having an issue with one of my Tekin RS esc's. When powered up the esc works fine. Throttle input is given through the radio and vehicles moves as it should. However when the wheels stop moving and the vehicles comes to a rest , when the throttle input is given again it will not move. If the vehicle is them bumped or given a push start it takes off fine.

Anyone else have this issue before and know of a fix?

Thanks,
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
Having an issue with one of my Tekin RS esc's. When powered up the esc works fine. Throttle input is given through the radio and vehicles moves as it should. However when the wheels stop moving and the vehicles comes to a rest , when the throttle input is given again it will not move. If the vehicle is them bumped or given a push start it takes off fine.

Anyone else have this issue before and know of a fix?

Thanks,
Sounds like a sensor issue. Check to make sure you are not in Dual mode ( sensored and sensorless at the same time) and that the sensor wire is plugged in all the way both on the motor and speedo.

If that all looks good, power everything up and watch to make sure the lights blink as you slowly spin the rear wheels.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

A q for Randy Pike. In Tekin info over older products i can read on RS (G1) that it can operate 1s Lipo, when i download the document it only shows 2-3s Lipos. Whats right, RS g1 1-3 lipo or 2-3lipo? Where about to run 1/12 on 1s here and need to know if my old RS will do! //Thanks
Old 09-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jannedwr
A q for Randy Pike. In Tekin info over older products i can read on RS (G1) that it can operate 1s Lipo, when i download the document it only shows 2-3s Lipos. Whats right, RS g1 1-3 lipo or 2-3lipo? Where about to run 1/12 on 1s here and need to know if my old RS will do! //Thanks
It will work fine with one cell but you will need to use a booster or receiver pack.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
It will work fine with one cell but you will need to use a booster or receiver pack.
Ok thanks for fast answer!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

What is ur pinion/Spur ratio? B4 you condem sensor cable. Reset your EPA to 100%, then try recalibration. What model you running?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jannedwr
Ok thanks for fast answer!
jannedwr. When using theHotwire Setup screen, set voltage cutoff 1S. and mid window check the block 1Slipo, the apply settings.

Tekins were advising TQ Booster for 1S lipos or 12th scale.