Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Pulse V1 vs. V2

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)
Default Novak Pulse V1 vs. V2

Hey guys, i'm looking to try to find the differences between the first and second versions of the Pulse ESC. I'm having trouble finding the differences in specifications and can't find much on version specific problems either.

Does anyone know what the differences are?
Old 02-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure if the firmware is any different, but the biggest difference is the power cap. They replaced the large single cap with three smaller caps that are located on the board now. I am always swapping esc's around and have a Pulse V1 in my sons B4.2 right now. It has a nice feel and really puts the power down. I'm sure a V2 would serve you well too. Only drawback for me is size. I tried mounting it in my B5 and just couldn't get it to fit the way I wanted it to, which is why it's in the B4 now. Nice esc if you can work with the large size.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Great, thank you. I got one NIB in a trade and wanted to know about it before selling it. If it doesn't sell, sounds like it'd be worth keeping probably.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The v2 also has a brake power setting and trans/reciever rate setting that the v1 doesn't. This really threw me off when I sent my v1 in and got a v2 back and suddenly had significantly less brakes. Looked at the settings chart and found they added that and it comes set at 60% power from the factory.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmheath357
The v2 also has a brake power setting and trans/reciever rate setting that the v1 doesn't. This really threw me off when I sent my v1 in and got a v2 back and suddenly had significantly less brakes. Looked at the settings chart and found they added that and it comes set at 60% power from the factory.
Haha gotcha. That would be helpful