Search

Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 02:41 PM
NCG
Tech Initiate

Default Receiver

Hello,

I own3 RC, two of them new, Ansmann MadMonkey with more or less one year and now bought a new 1/8 Buggy RB ONE V2 RTR both the models has 2.4GHz radios.

Now I'm rebuilding my first RC a Kyosho Pure Ten with 12 years old. The radio system, Futaba FM, is old and outdated.

I have to buy a new radio with receiver or is possible to buy only a receiver and use one of the new, 2.4GHz, radios that came with the new models? For example I buy a new receiver and when I'm not running with the ansmann I use the radio at Kyosho. Is this possible?

Thanks

Best Regards
Old 01-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NCG
Hello,

I own3 RC, two of them new, Ansmann MadMonkey with more or less one year and now bought a new 1/8 Buggy RB ONE V2 RTR both the models has 2.4GHz radios.

Now I'm rebuilding my first RC a Kyosho Pure Ten with 12 years old. The radio system, Futaba FM, is old and outdated.

I have to buy a new radio with receiver or is possible to buy only a receiver and use one of the new, 2.4GHz, radios that came with the new models? For example I buy a new receiver and when I'm not running with the ansmann I use the radio at Kyosho. Is this possible?

Thanks

Best Regards
If your controller has the ability to be used for different vehicles/ models, then yes, you can but will have to get another receiver for the new car.

Good luck.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Even if you can buy another receiver for either of the RTR models you bought, I doubt that the transmitter would support multiple models. And you cannot bind different makes of receivers with different makes of transmitters. Doesnt work that way.

Look at getting a Futaba, Airtronics, Spektrum etc. and choose the one you like.
Also check how much receivers are as well as that may be your deciding factor.