Wiki Posts
Search

Need esc help quick please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default Need esc help quick please.

Ok so heres the scenario. My brother in law both have 2wd slashes. I gave him his for his birthday and it's his first real rc. I installed a vxl motor and a hobbywing ezrun esc and geared stock. I was running the sv2/3800 combo at stock gearing also. He went and bought 3s lipos to up the antes. I tried it with my setup and it gets hot real quick so i picked up a vxl motor and a hobbywing sc10 esc.
My question is. Is there any way to make the hobbywing hit full throttle NOW? Ive ran many of their esc's and they always have that hesitation at first. It'll roll out about a foot then bam full power. Or should i just put the sv2 back in it ? I've mostly ran castlee esc's and when you hit full throttle its full throttle NOW. We will basically be parking lot running and drag racing this weekend and I cant let him beat me lol . I'm supposed to be the veteran here lol.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'd re calibrate the ESC to radio, give that a shot.

-Rudy
Old 06-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If it's programmable and has punch setting. ..go to highest setting. I have a rebranded hw 120a version 2.1 and basically the highest setting will have the least hesitation.supposed to be like traction control. The lower the number the softer the takeoff. .. (more hesitation).....hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Every ESC when running in sensorless mode has different programming to determine rotor position. I've had some ESC/motor combos that work terribly and just swap one piece and it works perfectly. Also since you mixed brands, you might run into compatibility problems. A VXL motor and ESC work perfectly together.

Did you get the PC programmer? It's possible you have an older firmware on the HW ESC. Hobbywing and others are always making updates to their software to address specific issues with certain motors. For example this is right out of the README on one of their software updates: "The acceleration is much quicker than before. "
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Update software and turn up punch control. The hw esc is much better than the stock vxl esc.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Ok so i tried different motor combos and punch settings. Firmware updates and it got better but still not like I'm used to with castle esc's. Switched over to a mmp/3800 combo awhile and wow that motor is so impressive. Decided to try something different since bro in law was starting to catch up. Sv3/3800 combo in his slash now. So i left the mmp in and added a novak 550 4.5 and bam. Smooth slow speed and even faster than the 3800 with temps at 128 after a full pack.