Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Graupner x=8n

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

SBD - thanks for figuring the servo programming out!

I got the Graupner S8363 cable instead, but kinda gave up on the programming thing. I found another forum with a Graupner USA rep answering questions. He told me the GM HGM SST would not program, and that 6 ms was the fastest it would go.

I downloaded the older servo program like you recommended. Hooked everything up. And it works! The servo is programmable!

So far I am pretty impressed with the GM servo as well. I will just keep the latency setting on 1.5 and drive!

Honestly I was kinda bummed out cause of the lack of info on getting this stuff set to the faster speeds. But now that I have gone through it, not so bad.

Thank You SBD! I will be trying out a GM speed controller next, the 120 pro + t.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:16 PM
sbd
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Joe_Cathey
SBD - thanks for figuring the servo programming out!

I got the Graupner S8363 cable instead, but kinda gave up on the programming thing. I found another forum with a Graupner USA rep answering questions. He told me the GM HGM SST would not program, and that 6 ms was the fastest it would go.

I downloaded the older servo program like you recommended. Hooked everything up. And it works! The servo is programmable!

So far I am pretty impressed with the GM servo as well. I will just keep the latency setting on 1.5 and drive!

Honestly I was kinda bummed out cause of the lack of info on getting this stuff set to the faster speeds. But now that I have gone through it, not so bad.

Thank You SBD! I will be trying out a GM speed controller next, the 120 pro + t.
Joe,
I am glad my findings helped you. I guess today we are really unique - you and me are the only persons worldwide who run the graupner servos at their full ability.

The Genius Pro is able to set the BEC to 7,4V so the servo would be even faster.

Seems the weakest part of Graupner nowadays is the lack of detailed documentation for their gear. I can understand that it is difficult for the Korean owners to consolidate and document the technical knowledge they bought, but lets hope it will be getting better. Same for the tech reps - if they do not have documentation they do not know about the abilities of the hardware.
For example the US manual for the Genius pro ESC is merely mentioning that it is possible to program it via the SUMD V2 protocol (x-8n) without any further information... It does not talk about how the firmware is upgraded etc. But ones you dig out the info all works well.

Today Graupner gear abilities are well kept secret. Which in other hand makes it affordable....
Old 03-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree with the lack of documentation/detailed instructions for this stuff. Graupner has a good product, and it sure would be nice if the detailed info was easy to to find and understand. Especially for a bone head like me.

I took both my buggies out on the road and drove them far away. No problems with range at all!

I will probably get the GM speedo next month, so I am sure to have more questions for you (SBD) on getting it set for the SUMD. But I will certainly try on my own first.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Rookie

So what is the general consensus on this transmitter?. Do those of you that have it like it? Would you recommend it?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
So what is the general consensus on this transmitter?. Do those of you that have it like it? Would you recommend it?
By all means has alot settings. Connects with a good digital servo at 6ms frame rate. Has a Lipo battery and best of all extra receivers are tiny and only 45 bucks
Old 03-02-2015, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't seem to find the servo programmer software can anyone help me?
Old 03-02-2015, 03:34 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Can't seem to find the servo programmer software can anyone help me?
At this link:
http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=94050

Beneath the picture of the servo.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
By all means has alot settings. Connects with a good digital servo at 6ms frame rate. Has a Lipo battery and best of all extra receivers are tiny and only 45 bucks
So would you recommend it over say Spektrum or Futaba?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

I personally would recommend it over any radio up to 300 USD.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbd
At this link:
http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=94050

Beneath the picture of the servo.
Thanks, says I have to login...I'll try again after creating an account.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Let's put it this way the spektrum doesn't come with a Lipo or charger for that matter. Both transmitters will connect slower than the 8-xn. And on the Futaba the Rx's are much bigger. You can't go wrong with any of them. But in my mind price features and speed won me over.
And sbd has a great point
Old 03-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

All month on openhobby.com the programmable Graupner/GM servos are on sale. Perfect time to get another HGM SST for my B5 as I already have them in my B5M and B44.2.

As for recommending the radio, yes I would recommend it for sure. Just realize unless you get the Graupner/GM servos and esc, you won't be able to run the faster latency. (3 or 1.5ms) Maybe someone has tried the Airtronics SRG stuff with this system?

I don't care at all if some other radio costs $600, if it isn't comfortable, than it is worthless. This radio is comfortable. All the top end radios have more adjustments than I will ever use.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,
I'm really interested in this radio. How do I determine which graupner servos will be computer programmable to adjust the latency?
Old 03-13-2015, 01:17 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stangdriverdoug
Hello,
I'm really interested in this radio. How do I determine which graupner servos will be computer programmable to adjust the latency?
You want a servo with HGM SOR, HGM SST or HGM SLP in the designation.
The description says (compatible with Sanwa High and Super Response).

The Sanwa Super Response signal has the same structure as the Graupner x-8n 3 ms or 1,5 ms signal.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEWPG&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEWPE&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEWPF&P=7
Old 03-13-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you. Another question please. Does the radio come with the programing cable to program the servos or do I need to purchase separately?

Last edited by stangdriverdoug; 03-13-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.