Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Futaba T4GRS news?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

just receive mind yesterday from RC mart.
and spend a whole nite on VRC totally happy with it

i'm going to use this for 1/8 GP onroad

any setting suggestion

cheers,
Old 06-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Throttle EPA

This is my first stick radio, is there any advantage in setting throttle EPA to 120?
Old 06-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

about to buy one but I would like to sell my 3GR first if you know anyone.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Got it from Tower Hobbies Delivered today. SUPER nice and easy to use!! Very pleased. As much as i like KO sticks i cant see how theres is $650 on Amain.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

So had mine for a while only thing I hate is that the other day the radio fell over on the work bench, and the throttle stick broke at the threads below the counter nut.
Old 01-13-2024, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

The last 10 years or more i used the Sanwa Exzess ZZ but it is not available and therefore i like to aks some questions.#

1) Dose anyone know who sell a Sanwa Exzess ZZ ?
2) When will a new Sanwa Exzess come again ?
3) Before i ued Sanwa i alsways used a futaber transmitter but the last one it was the 3GR was not so good because the servos are getting hot and stopped and therefore i switched to sanwa and problem was gone.. Is the 4grs better ?

Thank you

Last edited by ddick; 01-13-2024 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:47 AM
Tech Lord

I can not imagine Sanwa is not selling the Exzess anymore, many sponsored drivers like Balestri and Collari are using sticks.

Hot and damaged servo's sounds to me using a high speed protocol like HRS on analog servo's, that is a known issue and is a user problem, not the transmitter.

The same problem can be generated with the T4GRS if you do not use the right setting for analog servo's but high chance today all servo's you are using are digital.And there is the T7XC, the stick flagship from Futaba.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Now i am waiting over one year that sanwa comes with a new Exzess but my dealer told me over a year ago that there are problems with microchips and that they are converting the gun transmitters because they are being sold more. Now I wait and wait and a few weeks ago the new information was that Sanwa is now working on a new gun transmitter again. But I think they are building some for team drivers like Collari or Ongaro but only in very small quantities. My problem is that I now have an Excesss which is now over 5 years old and no replacement. Should I wait or go for a Futaba and that's what's bothering me. Thanks for the tip with the T7XC. Apart from the transmission, what exactly is the difference to the T4GR?
The price difference is really big.
I don't really want a Futaba transmitter but I have to think of something.

Old 01-13-2024, 03:00 PM
Tech Lord

I have a job at an electronics designing/producing company and know it all about bad availability of chips caused by the Corona pandemic. The issue should be faded out a year ago but still up on today there is still some shortage and a lot of crap like fake, bad copy and even renamed chips. Some customers did re-design their products to use better available chips.

The 7XC is slightly larger and to me it feels much better in the hand. It is actually a 7PX in stick version as the 4GRS is a 4PLS in stick version.
The 7XC has a color touchscreen, can handle up to 7 channels and for the racers the most important option is the SR mode which is like SSR/SUR/SXR on the Sanwa transmitter. The normal T-FHSS mode is pretty fast with normal digital servo's and works on both transmitters. As with Sanwa the SR mode requires special servo's but no Sanwa SSR/SUR/SXR servo can be used with the Futaba SR mode.
The SBUS is pretty universal and you can use telemetry sensors on it as there are also interfaces to read out telemetry data from ESC's from Hobbywing and Mamba, the 7XC has an SBUS port to program original Futaba equipment to your wished configuration. On the 4GRS the possibilities are limited
Old 01-13-2024, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddick
Now i am waiting over one year that sanwa comes with a new Exzess but my dealer told me over a year ago that there are problems with microchips and that they are converting the gun transmitters because they are being sold more. Now I wait and wait and a few weeks ago the new information was that Sanwa is now working on a new gun transmitter again. But I think they are building some for team drivers like Collari or Ongaro but only in very small quantities. My problem is that I now have an Excesss which is now over 5 years old and no replacement. Should I wait or go for a Futaba and that's what's bothering me. Thanks for the tip with the T7XC. Apart from the transmission, what exactly is the difference to the T4GR?
The price difference is really big.
I don't really want a Futaba transmitter but I have to think of something.
The pistol grip M17 flagship is also 5+ years old. Having a 5 year old radio is not a problem.