Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lapcounting System

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool New Lapcounting System

Does anyone have any experience or more information on the lapsnapper system?

See http://lapsnapper.com/ for more info...

I have tried the DCD dirtchamp system and wasted a lot of money, but cannot afford the AMB / Mylaps system. This system seems like good alternative since the batteries in the transponders are replaceable and the system doesn't use Infra Red or loop wiring.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Will not work...

From the website:

The LapSnapper Pro Clients communicate with the LapSnapper Pro Lap Timing System via a Wi-Fi service. LapSnapper Pro Clients are able to show, record and save lap, sector and split times received from the LapSnapper Pro Lap Timing System. LapSnapper Pro Clients are not able to host race, qualifying or race sessions.

Unless they are planning to do some software upgrades, this system is useless if you want to use it for races.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Im reading the manual, it does do races, qualifying etc. The software sends the info to the pro clients that are running on Android devices, to share the data. Similar to how the Traxxas timing system works, you have a host android, then it sends via wifi to other android devices. The devices use the pro client software. That software wont allow you to run the races, only the host Android can do it.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

From what I have read about the system, it does qualifying and races, but it auto setup everything. Seems like there are not a lot of settings for you to run races.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

sweet, Finally some undoing of AMB.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For Andriod?
DOA.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Its wont compete against AMB, they have the leading edge product that doesn't miss a beep. This software is lacking on settings on running races, and mains. The transponders are 73 bucks USD, and its for android devices only.. Its good for practice sessions.. and from what I have read, they need to improve on the software for it to compete with the current leaders..
Old 09-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am fully aware of the differences between AMB and Lapsnapper markets. I'm just happy to see someone else in the marketplace AND with any success I can see them progressing further. Whether or not they come out with a full on race system... I couldn't care less. And there are more of me than of you. People that have home tracks and want an affordable system to "score" themselves and their friends.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hand counting...

If this system is more reliable than the IR systems then there is definately scope for using it at club racing level, but the qualifiers results can be placed on an excel sheet and sorted for whatever types of mains you want to run.

What makes this system nice is the magnetic strips you can easily position before the race and remove afterwards.