Wiki Posts
Search

spektrum rx acting strange, please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default spektrum rx acting strange, please help

just re wired my ebuggy and im gettin a strange glitch ive never had before. took all of the electronics out of losi 2.0 and swapped to my new 3.0. i have a tekin rx8 gen2, a tekin 1900kv motor, a hitec 7954sh servo, venom glitch buster, sr3500 rx and a dx4r pro tx. sometimes when i turn the car on i have this problem: the esc powers up and arms ok and it doesnt flash the code for no radio signal. i can hear the servo buzzing a little bit so i know it is getting power of sorts, however, the light in the rx isnt lit and i have no throttle and steering. i can wiggle all of the wires some and get it to power on but it sometimes cuts right back out. the esc was just into tekin for repair and it tested out ok on their end. cant get through to horizon hobby because i dont have time to wait on hold for 3 hours and i always miss the call when i chose the call back option lol. anyways i was hoping maybe somebody here could chime in and lend some advice

edit: i have tried rebinding and recalibrating several times and the issue keeps coming back.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

If you wiggle the wires and it comes on for a second and stops again you have a bad contact.

Assuming you are wiggling them near the receiver you may be able to fix it by replacing the plug at that end... snip it off crimp those tiny wires to new prongs and seat them in the new plug. It can be a pain working with those tiny wires and getting a good crimp on them however, so be aware of that before you commit with the snip.

If it is the other end of the wire, it may need to resoldered to the ESC board, and that is also a pain, and maybe more intimidating than the plug side.

Does not sound like a BEC issue to me, sounds like a hit/miss contact.