Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

TRINITY MOTOLYSER ANY GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
All the motors so far have been used. I got a new D4 motor this morning and have the readings on it. I'll retest after this weekend after a few runs and see if there is any change after a few runs.
Doh! I just finished a 2nd run of motolysing. Forgot my new 21.5 D4, I'll do it tomorrow.

Also going (try) to put together a certified 21.5 killshot.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by torg
Doh! I just finished a 2nd run of motolysing. Forgot my new 21.5 D4, I'll do it tomorrow.

Also going (try) to put together a certified 21.5 killshot.
Round 3

There's a lot of crappy sensor boards out there, that's for sure. And I am not going to blame the motolyser, you can see it with your naked eye. Look at the bottom of this Trinity one... it's a wee bit off.

Evaluating Misalignment of Hall Sensors in Brushless DC Motors
Old 09-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Round 3

There's a lot of crappy sensor boards out there, that's for sure. And I am not going to blame the motolyser, you can see it with your naked eye. Look at the bottom of this Trinity one... it's a wee bit off.

Evaluating Misalignment of Hall Sensors in Brushless DC Motors
But of course, after speed reading your reference it's very obvious HAHAHA! You know if you press the down button while running the motor, you can see the differences in timing of each hall sensor, which results from misaligned sensors. .
Old 09-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Updated with a couple of new Tamiya 54275 TBLM-01S 16Ts

Old 09-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Round 4

Includes peek inside the motolyser itself.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Tried the new 114 build of the motolyser at the track today. It is completely different from previous version. Will have to re-run tests on all my motors. I just realized I misunderstood the symmetry part, thought it was timing board related, wrong.. it was magnet related.

Quick test introduced, motor running for 2 seconds and then presenting the result
Introduced Current Test, to verify current consumption when running with end-bell timing
Introduced the "Magnet Symmetry" measurement -> A good magnet read low values (0-5)
Enables the possibility to enter upgrade mode from the main menu
Reduced current measurement noise
Improved startup sequence

"The magnet asymmetry is the deviation from an ideal magnet with identical sized sectors for magnet North and South poles. In the ideal case each pole occupy half the rotor, resulting in a sector of 180 degrees for each pole. However, this is often not the case due to manufacturing tolerances. A perfect magnet with ideal sectors would result in an Asymmetry of 0."

Interesting... the certified Killshot motor I tried today had readings at 26-27. The same 21.5 killshot with timing all the way up resulted in current overload. Which previously I had only seen on much lower wind motors.

http://motolyser.com/release/MotolyserUserGuide.pdf
Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

my 21.5 R1 gave magnet symmetry of 0
Old 10-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It will be helpful to see how bad a motor really is with a higher symmetry value.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

my 21.5 R1 gave magnet symmetry of 0
Well they said they had good magnets. Torg you have a PM
Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

It is completely different from previous version. Will have to re-run tests on all my motors.
To clarify, the timing numbers I read out are the same...

It's just the tests themselves that have changed from the old manual speed control to motor condition and current tests.

The motor current test for instance, previously I did some at 17%, 50% and 100% which will show different KV and RPM numbers. Later I got lazy and just ran them at 50%, now you can't change it. I don't know what speed % that is at... So they have given us a test where you don't know the input parameters for what is displayed on screen.

I sent a question to Motolyser asking if they could explain what this test actually does. If not I'll have to fire up IDApro on that .mot file
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

"From release #114 the test voltage is adjusted automatically to 3.7V / cell. The reason for this is that people experienced great impact of supply voltage when testing"
Old 10-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default NEED SOME HELP LOADING 114

TORG or anyone

Dowloaded the update software and it wouldn't install on my window 8 computer (DFU error). Got it installed on my Windows XP, got the motorlyser connected to the PC and the upgrade tool recognized the motorlyzer.

Then it says select file from the file dialog box and here I find nothing to select -- WTF am I doing wrong? I don't see anywhere on the website for downloading updated software files? Well there is a button for that but it gives me Korean gibberish which when translated is just instruction for hooking up the motorlyser to the computer.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

The firmware file is separate from the update tool. Sounds like you need to grab the .mot file also.

Update Tool
Firmware File
Old 10-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

FYI, I use it on my windows 8 laptop, not sure if I did the right-click run as admin when installing or not.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jethroz
The firmware file is separate from the update tool. Sounds like you need to grab the .mot file also.

Update Tool
Firmware File
I've been to the firmware file many times and the only thing that is there is (there are no .mot files to grab) - I even used the link you sent. I have every thing working I only need the 114 firmware so the update tool can find it. But first I have to fine it.

? Version1 ࢢ Release Notes Motolyser Feature upgrade tool These release notes are related to build # 114 - Condition test is now running a quick test of 2 seconds. - Introduced quick current test, to verify current consumption when running on endbell timing. - Improved startup sequence - Introduced the "Magnet Assymetry" measurement -> Good magned read low values ​​(0-5) - Enables the posibility to enter upgrade mode from the main menu - Reduced current measurement noise For latest news, please visit www.motolyser .com and register for the Motolyser newsletter. HOW TO ENABLE THE UPGRADE MODE: (Build # 114 and later) - Start your PC application (this application) - Select the. Mot file you want to upload - Connect te USB cable between the PC and Motolyser - Scrol the main menu and select the "Firmware Upgrade" - The Motolyser is detected by the PC - Click the upgrade button (Build prior to # 114) - push the button on the Motolyser with a small device - while pushing the button, plugging in the USB cable - the LCD backlight should start blinking,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.