R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Exclamation WTF

Having the same issue with updating mine... basically looks like below when you go to the update link

HOW TO ENABLE THE UPGRADE MODE : (Build #114 and later) - Start your PC application (this application) - Select the .mot file you want to upload - Connect te USB cable between the PC and Motolyser - Scrol the main menu and select the "Firmware Upgrade" - The Motolyser is detected by the PC - Click the upgrade button (Build prior to #114) - push the button on the Motolyser with a small device - while pushing the button, plugging in the USB cable - the LCD backlight should start blinking, if not redo the procedure ਖ਼㨱〰〰〰あ㙃㔰〰い㕃㔰〰い㍃㔰〰いㅃ㔰〰ぁ䐍਺㄰〰㄰〰䍆䌵〰〰䍄䌵〰〰ぃ㤴䉁㌹ぃ㤴䔲㌹㙃ഊ㨱〰〲 〰〰䌹㐰䄳䄰䌹㐳㈳䅃㍃㔰〰〰䌹㐹䄱㔰㤍਺㄰〰㌰〰䉆䌵〰〰䉄䌵〰〰ぃ㤴㥃㍁ぃ㤴䌹㍁䄱ഊ㨱〰〴〰〰䌹㑆㘳 䄰䌹㐲㌳䈰䌹㐵〳䈰䌹㐷䐳䈵䘍਺㄰〰㔰〰ぃ㤴䅁㍂ぃ㤴䐷㍂ぃ㤴〴㍃ぃ㤴㌱㍃㝃ഊ㨱〰〶〰ぁ㝃㔰〰ぁ㕃㔰〰ぁ ㍃㔰〰ぁㅃ㔰〰ぅ䌍਺㄰〰㜰〰㥆䌵〰〰㥄䌵〰〰㥂䌵〰〰㤹䌵〰〰䙃ഊ㨱〰〸〰〹㝃㔰〰〹㕃㔰〰〹㍃㔰〰〹ㅃ 㔰〰〰䌍਺㄰〰㤰〰ぃ㤴䕆㌵ぃ㤴㈸㌶ぃ㤴㘱㌶ぃ㤴䑃㌷䈴ഊ㨱〰ぁ〰〰䌹㐰䔳㠰䌹㐴〳㠰䌹㐷㈳㠰䌹㑆㜲㐴䐍਺ ㄰〰䈰〰ぃ㤴䐴㈵㝄䌵〰〰㝂䌵〰〰ぃ㤴㈰㍅㈷ഊ㨱〰ぃ〰〰䌹㐴䐳䔰䌹㐷䄳䔰䌹㑁㜳䔰䌹㑄㐳䔷㘍਺㄰〰䐰〰ぃ 㤴〱㍆ぃ㤴㉅㍆ぃ㤴㕂㍆ぃ㤴㠸㍆㤲ഊ㨱〰ぅ〰〰䌹㑂㔳䘶㕃㔰〰〶㍃㔰〰〶ㅃ㔰〰〰㐍਺㄰〰䘰〰㕆䌵〰〰㕄䌵 〰〰㕂䌵〰〰㔹䌵〰〰㝃ഊ㨱〰㄰〰〵㝃㔰〰〵㕃㔰〰〵㍃㔰〰〵ㅃ㔰〰〸䈍਺㄰〱㄰〰ぃ㤴㐹㌵ぃ㤴㠲㌵ぃ㤴䉂 ㌵ぃ㤴ㄴ㌷䕆ഊ㨱〰ㄲ〰〰䌹㐴㘳㜰䌹㐷㠳㜰䌹㑁䄳㜴ㅃ㔰〰い䌍਺㄰〱㌰〰㍆䌵〰〰ぃ㤴㕅㍃ぃ㤴㡂㍃ぃ㤴䈸㍃ 㠶ഊ㨱〰ㄴ〰〰䌹㑅㔳䌰䌹㐱㈳䐰䌹㐳䘳䐰䌹㐶䌳䐹䄍਺㄰〱㔰〰ぃ㤴㤹㍄ぃ㤴䌶㍄ぃ㤴䘳㍄㈹䌵〰〰䌸ഊ㨱〰ㄶ 〰〲㝃㔰〰〲㕃㔰〰〲㍃㔰〰〲ㅃ㔰〰ぅ䈍਺㄰〱㜰〰ㅆ䌵〰〰ㅄ䌵〰〰ㅂ䌵〰〰ㄹ䌵〰〰䙂ഊ㨱〰ㄸ〰〱㝃㔰〰 〱㕃㔰〰〱㍃㔰〰〱ㅃ㔰〰〰䈍਺㄰〱㤰〰う䌵〰〰い䌵〰〰あ䌵〰〰〹䌵〰〰ㅂഊ㨱〰ㅁ〰〰㝃㔰〰〰㕃㔰〰〰 ㍃㔰〰〰ㅃ㔰〰〲䈍਺㄰〱䈰〰ぃ㤴䔲㍆ぃ㤴う㐰ぃ㤴㍃㐰ぃ㤴㘹㐰㉁ഊ㨱〰ㅃ〰〰䌹㐹㘴〰䌹㑃㌴う㍃㐰〰うㅃ 㐰〰ぁ䄍਺㄰〱䐰〰䕆䌴〰〰䕄䌴〰〰䕂䌴〰〰䔹䌴〰〰㕆ഊ㨱〰ㅅ〰ぅ㝃㐰〰ぅ㕃㐰〰ぅ㍃㐰〰ぅㅃ㐰〰〶䘍਺ ㄰〱䘰〰䑆䌴〰〰ぃ㤴㈷㐷ぃ㤴䑆㐷㝄ㄶ㤱ㄶ㑅ഊ㨱〰㈰〰ぁ㔱㙂㤱㙃䐱㙅ㄱ㙆㔱㘶䐴䐶䔴䐶䘴䐴䔍਺㄰〲㄰〰㜰 㑄㜱㑄㜲㑄㜳㑄〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰䔴ഊ㨱〰㈲〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰ぃ䔍਺㄰〲㌰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰䉅ഊ㨱〰㈴〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰ぁ䔍਺㄰〲㔰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 〰〰〰〰〰㥅ഊ㨱〰㈶〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〸䔍਺㄰〲㜰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 〰〰
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
FYI, I use it on my windows 8 laptop, not sure if I did the right-click run as admin when installing or not.
I tired again. I keep getting the same error message with the DFU. If the DFU isn't needed then I could load just the upgrade tool.

Do you have the 114 firmware file you could email me NVAMAN2298@gmail.com. JDM DOHC Sir might want it too since he is having he same problem I'm having.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #48
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Mine did this as well on 2 computers at home. Brought it to work and tried a 3rd computer and it loaded perfect. Its the DFU drivers its missing and why it wont load. It stops just past 50% and tells you files are missing. When mine worked on my computer at work it installed drivers at that point and worked fine.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Mine did this as well on 2 computers at home. Brought it to work and tried a 3rd computer and it loaded perfect. Its the DFU drivers its missing and why it wont load. It stops just past 50% and tells you files are missing. When mine worked on my computer at work it installed drivers at that point and worked fine.

EA
Yep exactly must be something different in the security settings or firewall. Anyway it works on my XP computer and I'm not Geek enough nor do I care enough to try to figure out why it won't load on my Windows 8 computer.

PS I sent an email to the motorlyser folks explaining the problem we are having getting the 114 firmware version from their website. Hopefully they can get the problem resolved soon.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 10-25-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
PS I sent an email to the motorlyser folks explaining the problem we are having getting the 114 firmware version from their website. Hopefully they can get the problem resolved soon.
Did that last week but yet to get any response back yet
Old 10-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR View Post
Did that last week but yet to get any response back yet
Too bad Many people are reluctant to pay the price for this thing as it is, Now throw in shitty customer service and they will have a much harder time convincing people to buy this. I wonder if Ernie still remembers me, after all this is being marketed as the Trinity Motorlyser?
Old 10-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #52
Tech Regular

I copied my onedrive archive to public location
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR View Post
Having the same issue with updating mine... basically looks like below when you go to the update link

HOW TO ENABLE THE UPGRADE MODE : (Build #114 and later) - Start your PC application (this application) - Select the .mot file you want to upload - Connect te USB cable between the PC and Motolyser - Scrol the main menu and select the "Firmware Upgrade" - The Motolyser is detected by the PC - Click the upgrade button (Build prior to #114) - push the button on the Motolyser with a small device - while pushing the button, plugging in the USB cable - the LCD backlight should start blinking, if not redo the procedure ਖ਼㨱〰〰〰あ㙃㔰〰い㕃㔰〰い㍃㔰〰いㅃ㔰〰ぁ䐍਺㄰〰㄰〰䍆䌵〰〰䍄䌵〰〰ぃ㤴䉁㌹ぃ㤴(sn ip)
That is the binary file going straight into your browser because it thinks it's a text file. Right click the link and do save link as.

Their website did that to me as well in the past, doesn't anymore. But it may be browser or OS dependent. I find Chrome to be the new firefox (as in the one browser web developers bother to test on) and Safari is the new internet explorer (the one with the most problems)...

I copy and version all RC firmwares, manuals, docs and software.. because let's face it, these RC companies are NOT software developers... just look at the red on black monster that Tekin makes!! (hotwire)
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
That is the binary file going straight into your browser because it thinks it's a text file. Right click the link and do save link as.

Their website did that to me as well in the past, doesn't anymore. But it may be browser or OS dependent. I find Chrome to be the new firefox (as in the one browser web developers bother to test on) and Safari is the new internet explorer (the one with the most problems)...

I copy and version all RC firmwares, manuals, docs and software.. because let's face it, these RC companies are NOT software developers... just look at the red on black monster that Tekin makes!! (hotwire)

Thanks ... I'll give it a try again and see if it works
Old 10-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 05:36 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic

OK after TORG provided the 114 firmware I now see where the Upgrade instruction that came with my Motorlyser are somewhat lacking (I'm being PC for a change not like me at all).

My instructions say "3. Download latest firmware from HERE." Of course I have no idea where or what is "here", but I assume they mean the firmware upgrade button on their website. However, they fail to tell you that you just don't download the file to you PC, you have to download it to a particular place on your PC. So once you find the new firmware file on their web site (or TORG's link) here is what you need to do:

Step 3a. Select the latest version of the firmware and download it from the website to C:Motorlyser (or whichever folder you designated when you installed the Motorlyser Feature Upgrade Tool).

Then when you start the Feature upgrade tool in step 4, you can select the new firmware file (.mot) using the FILE-->OPEN menu in step 5. If the new .mot file is not in that C:Motorlyser folder you will never see it in step 5.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 10-26-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #57
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:

EA
In this case
Run upgrade tool as Admin
Fella at IIC had this very same issue with DFU not installing

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
OK after TORG provided the 114 firmware I now see where the Upgrade instruction that came with my Motorlyser are somewhat lacking (I'm being PC for a change not like me at all).

My instructions say "3. Download latest firmware from HERE." Of course I have no idea where or what is "here", but I assume they mean the firmware upgrade button on their website. However, they fail to tell you that you just don't download the file to you PC, you have to download it to a particular place on your PC. So once you find the new firmware file on their web site (or TORG's link) here is what you need to do:

Step 3a. Select the latest version of the firmware and download it from the website to C:Motorlyser (or whichever folder you designated when you installed the Motorlyser Feature Upgrade Tool).

Then when you start the Feature upgrade tool in step 4, you can select the new firmware file (.mot) using the FILE-->OPEN menu in step 5. If the new .mot file is not in that C:Motorlyser folder you will never see it in step 5.
Awesome!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #59
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
In this case
Run upgrade tool as Admin
Fella at IIC had this very same issue with DFU not installing
The problem is you can never get the upgrade tool installed in the first place to even tell it to run as admin. This is what I was running into. The installer and software is not very friendly. Even less than the ORCA software.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #60
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
The problem is you can never get the upgrade tool installed in the first place to even tell it to run as admin. This is what I was running into. The installer and software is not very friendly. Even less than the ORCA software.

EA
Guess I don't understand the order you were working in
You run it as admin, it won't start to install until you click on the highlighted menu option

You are sorted for now, but maybe others can learn from this

No apologies for software engineering, or any systems they run on
Attached Thumbnails
TRINITY MOTOLYSER ANY GOOD-admin.jpg  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote