Savox 1258tg noise (not humming) VIDEO >

Savox 1258tg noise (not humming) VIDEO

Like Tree2Likes

Savox 1258tg noise (not humming) VIDEO

Old 07-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcsteve715
what esc are you running? Rx8's, mamba 1/10's and the viper esc among others can glitch the servo, maybe try a bec?
I beg to differ. I had major glitching issues with my old Novak ESC's when using Savox servos and so my son switched me over to Viper and I have never once had one glitch or brown out on me, no glitch buster required. They also have adjustable BEC voltage on them to eliminate any kind of glitch issues.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I guess I'll pull it apart tomorrow and see what's going on in there.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

posted video of fix. thanks guys!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

That is consistent with a underlubricated bushing. Adding some grease to the gears would be a good idea too.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

yep. I have same problem on my first two Savox, so as you can imagine im not feeling like much of a fan of savox lol.

Im only new to RC Cars.

Started with a Kyosho Inferno NEO Race Spec and under everyone's advice immediately upgraded the Steering servo to a 1256 TG.

After installing new Savox I Did about 4 Tanks of Juice with very gentle driving, wasn't even jumping the Double, doubles back then I was just rolling over them. thats how gentle I was. I never had a single crash at that point.

Then I went out on my fifth tank of fuel (5th with the savox this is)(about 20th Tank total) was Exiting onto the straight and I could hear a loud squealing sound like like a sparrow (small Bird) having a fit, combined with a grinding noise.

It was loud enough to be heard over the top of my KE 25 Nitro Motor when standing on the Rostrum. When up close it was SO LOUD that it was actually hurting my ears, I would never have believed a little servo could make such a noise and actually still work.

So I give it back to the shop (where I bought the servo), he says he will open it up and have a look see if he can fix it for me.

But two weeks later I went in shop and I can see my servo sitting there not even touched LOL. Its sitting in the exact same spot I left it in his workshop. Now in all fairness this guy is a friend of mine (new friend) and he has been very generous & Helpfull to me and he is extremely busy so I dont want to pressure him. I would rather try find a fix and do it myself or tell him what I have found.

The really bad part of this story is that I no longer use the Kyosho, I have upgraded to a second hand Intech BR5 Pro Evo (friggin awesome car) with Novarossi 4Btt, plus two Savox servos and a Ko Propo Ex5ur Radio set. The servos in the intech are completely diff, they are HV's and are steering: 1268 MG & Throttle 1267 SG.

The Steering servo on that is now doing the same frigging thing as the brand new Savox did on the Kyosho. WTH? How can I be so unlucky?, or could it be something I am doing?

I treat my gear very well and try to take great care as I can only just barely afford all this stuff needed for the hobby. I certainly cant afford to be buying new servos every few weeks. lol. OMG

While I had started jumping a few weeks ago, I was certainly not having any major crashes or anything. My end points are trimmed, my steering speed is reduced. I cant imagine why this would be happening to my steering servos. I mean so far the most reliable servos for me have been the Junk that came in the RTR Kyosho. They are slow as hell but didnt fail on me?

The only difference with the sound the HV Savox is making is that it as not as high pitched as the one that was in the Kyosho, but certain its same problem. After this happened the Steering speed is about half what it was, and it seems to be draining battery's faster (so I get why that other guy is saying he was going through heaps of battery's in one day)

What the Hell is going on?

I am tempted to not touch savox again and buy the most expensive thing I can find and hopefully save money by not having to buy new Savox servo's all the time. Are my fears Justified? Is anyone in the world having this problem other then me and the other guy? I had to google for over an hour to find like 2 or 3 examples of this exact problem. Then if its so rare, how the hell did I end up with 2 servos having this problem? I am frustrated, confused and becoming afraid of Savox

I will watch your video of the fix, and hopefully I will be able to fix mine.

If anyone else reading this can offer any advice, suggestions, (not random blah blah comments please) I would be soooooooo appreciative. Particularly comments on (1) what I might be doing to cause this, (2) what I can do to Fix it (3) what other servo brands should I consider that are actually better than savox? i.e. Futaba, Hitech, Which? Or should I risk buying another Savox :/ (Me bites nails)

Cheers guys. thanks in advance
Old 06-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Initiate

ive never found a fix, have more savox now that came with spares set for intech as well as JN steer servo no more probs (just un lucky) btw JN servos are awsome
Old 07-10-2018, 01:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default S

Hi
just purchased a 1258tg and had the same noise from new. Servo works perfect bar the squeal every turn.
did you have any luck?
Old 05-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Thursday
posted video of fix. thanks guys!
Your video doesnīt work anymore, what did you do to fix this?
I have the exact same issue with a 1268sg.
GeorgeCk likes this.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D1360
Your video doesnīt work anymore, what did you do to fix this?
I have the exact same issue with a 1268sg.
I would also like to see the fixif you can make the video available again !!!!
Old 05-24-2021, 03:24 AM
Tech Lord

If you do some google to savox squeaking noise then there are plenty of articles to find.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=212302

So it seems you have to lube the motor bushings although lubing/greasing all gear shafts would also be wise.
GeorgeCk likes this.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
If you do some google to savox squeaking noise then there are plenty of articles to find.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=212302

So it seems you have to lube the motor bushings although lubing/greasing all gear shafts would also be wise.

I donīt know servos so good, but should I drop a couple of drops of bearing oil at the red arrow?

Old 05-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D1360
I donīt know servos so good, but should I drop a couple of drops of bearing oil at the red arrow?

I’m about to try this myself. Hopefully it works 🙏
Old 05-03-2022, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xfbaap
I’m about to try this myself. Hopefully it works 🙏
Please post back. I have a few of these.
--Alex
Old 05-06-2022, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

Common problem with well used savox servos..
you only need a drop of a good bearing or bushing oil on the motor bushing. The sound stops and it will work like new..
I have savox 1271sg on all of my racing cars, buggy and gt..
The servos on my buggy are being used for 2 years now.. practice every Saturday and 8 race events every year and they still perform great!