Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue with Spectrum SR410 receiver

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Issue with Spectrum SR410 receiver

I just bout the updated Spectrum DX4S radio system that comes with the AVC receiver as well as a SR410 receiver. I'm having issues with the SR410 receiver after the first use which was 2 minutes (blew my diff on SAvage flux mamba monster 2 2200kv 4s after wheelie). The issue I'm having is the SR410 will not link nor will the Mamba ESC sense the throttle so it alarms. The orange led on the SR410 comes on for a micro second and only can get it to come back on for a micro second when your turn power on and off . The transmitter is fine as it works with the AVC receiver no problem. Only this receiver seems to be having issues. To rule out the ESC I have used a external battery pack to power the Receiver with the same result. With a volt meter I see the power stays at 6.0VDC so this is not a brown out issue.

Any one else have this issue before? I also tried rebounding the receiver with no luck...:flamin g:
Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

I had issues similar to that with other receivers. I was told by CC to change the firmware to another version (older). I had the sidewinders, switched to 1.24 (I think) and then it started working properly.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So the receiver binds to the DX4S? And calibrates as well? Have you turned off AVC in the transmitter just in case it is active?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, the receiver is bound to the DX4S... I just double checked your suggestion of AVC being active and confirmed it is turned off. Going to try calling the tech support line of Horizon Hobby tomorrow while at work.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Called Horizon Hobby support.... Bad unit... They had the local hobby shop swap it out...