Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem With Electrical Components

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Problem With Electrical Components

I'm having a problem with the electrical parts of my nitro buggy. I've checked all the batteries and all are fully charged but when I flip the on switch nothing turns on. The servos don't move at all, they don,t respond to the controller, and its as if there is no power going through. The servos are plugged into the correct port. If anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong with it, that would be very helpful. Thank You for your help.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bad switch. Plug the battery directly into the receiver and it should work. Switches are pretty notorious for going out in this hobby.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Alright, I plugged the battery directly into the receiver and still nothing. do you think the receiver could be at fault?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Receiver could, or a servo.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What are you using as a battery? Is it an assembled pack, or dry cells in a dry cell holder? In either case, I'd check for battery voltage at the connector just to make sure you're getting power to the receiver. If you're using a dry cell holder, I'd probably check the connections to make sure they're intact and clean, reinstall the batteries, then check for voltage at the connector.

BTW - if you are using 1.5V batteries in a dry cell holder, I'd strongly consider upgrading to an assembled receiver pack. You'll have far fewer problems.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

So I'm thinking if your servo were dead you would at least see a light on the radio, or the other servo would still work.

If it were a bad switch it would have worked when you plugged directly.

That leaves bad pack/connector,
or bad radio.

You didn't say whether this was a new thing or if it had been working previously so I also have to ask, did you plug the battery in with the correct polarity and to the right port on the radio?

What kind of radio is it? Many 2.4ghz radio's I've played with play dead until they get a signal from the transmitter at which point they chirp and give the servo twitch you're looking for.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Alright, I'm fairly certain that the servos are fine because I noticed the problem right after I drove it around and was about to refuel (No I haven't crashed it in case that helps). The pack uses dry cells. and I did plug it in to the correct polarity and into the correct port. And it is a 2.4 ghz radio. I dont have anyting to test the voltage so im not sure if the connector works, but it is intact and seems fine.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Check the metal pins going into the connector. If they are backing out of the plastic portion of the connector, they might not be making contact when plugged into the receiver.

I'd also consider trying a new dry cell holder. If that doesn't work, you might be facing a receiver issue. Again, I'd strongly consider switching from dry cells to dedicated receiver packs since they offer more reliable performance.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Alright, I checked for the metal pins coming out and it still looks fine. I am pretty certain i need a new receiver so I'll get a new one and see how that works. Thank all of you for all your help.