Wiki Posts
Search

one receiver channel is unstable

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default one receiver channel is unstable

Hi

The channel Is use for the throttle Works just fine.

But the channel for steering is unstable.
When the remotecontrol and receiver is turned on but I dont use it the signal is stable, and the red light is turned on all the time.
But if I start to turn the Wheels I suddenly lose lose the control of the steering and throttle and the red light is turned off. Then after 0.5-2 sec. every thing Works agian but it is not possible to pridigt weater it takes 5 or 20 turns more before the signal is jamming agian.

I havnt used the car the past 6 months. But some Water might have entered the receiver box

I guess I have to buy a new remote control and receiver.

But if anybody have a explanation on why the receiver act like it does, or a solution on how to fix it I would be very pleased

Thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

What servo and receiver?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Could be a couple things. Bad rx, bad servo.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you switch the servo leads you could tell if it's the receiver or servo. With the steering servo in the throttle channel, if the steering servo still acts up its the servo. With the throttle servo in the steering channel and the throttle servo acts up then it's the steering channel in the rx.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

It is the standard remotecontrol and receiver for HPI Trophy 1:8 3.5 engine bought 10 months ago.

I did try to switch servoes, and when I did the issue changed from the steering servo to the trothle. And as before nothing worked in the jamming period.
The servos should be fine. The on for the throtle coste around 60 dollars, and 100 for the steering servo (in Denmark ).

Thanks for the quick replies!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fullthrottle007
It is the standard remotecontrol and receiver for HPI Trophy 1:8 3.5 engine bought 10 months ago.

I did try to switch servoes, and when I did the issue changed from the steering servo to the trothle. And as before nothing worked in the jamming period.
The servos should be fine. The on for the throtle coste around 60 dollars, and 100 for the steering servo (in Denmark ).

Thanks for the quick replies!
You said it, it followed the servo. You have a bad servo, or damaged harness/cable.