Search

Broken Motor/ESC/Sensorcable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Broken Motor/ESC/Sensorcable?

hey there,

i got some problems with my new brushless combo:

I am running a Yakuza Boss 160A sensored ESC with a Leopard 4274 2150KV sensored Motor.

Without plugging in the sensorcable the combo seems to work fine, see this video:

www . youtube .com/watch?v=BKXs--_nS8A&feature=youtu. be

but when i plug in the sensorcable the motor starts vibrating badly and gets warm almost instantly (i took it out and held it in my hand).
Also it doesnt turn correctly and just seems to "stutter" i can't think of a better word to describe it (sorry but english is not my native language):

www . youtube . com/watch?v=g3OGSQQGNlA&feature=youtu. be

sadly i dont have a spare motor/esc/sensorcable here to switch the components out.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:edit: please fix the youtube links yourself since im not allowed to post videos yet
Old 05-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Do you have the main 3 wires from ESC to motor correct, A-A, B-B, and C-C? With sensorless they can be different, but when running sensored they must be wired in the correct order.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Initiate

http ://1.1.1.1/bmi/img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/thumbnail/u9ubuna5.jpg

should be fine
Old 05-14-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

that link will not work 1.1.1.1 is not a likely internet address.

But I agree that the likely issue is the that the A-B-C posts on the motor are not properly mated to the A-B-C posts on the ESC. Doing this really confuses the sensored setup and will cause chatter and heat. On sensorless it can simply reverse the spin of the motor.

If it is not that then you likely have a bad sensor wire or an issue with the sensor board in the motor, less likely is the sensored part of the ESC is bad.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Tech Initiate

the link to the Image Works on another Forum, just remove the space After the http.
I wired everything fine, the cables are colorcoded so eben i should be able to connect Blue with Blue, red. with red. and yellow with Yellow

Last edited by BenTheMan; 05-14-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenTheMan
the link to the Image Works on another Forum, just remove the space After the http.
I wired everything fine, the cables are colorcoded so eben i should be able to connect Blue with Blue, red. with red. and yellow with Yellow
That's only if the color coding is the same from the esc and motor. Color coding is NOT standardized. The esc could be a-blue, b-yellow, c-red. The motor could be a-yellow, b-blue, c-red.

Heres the pic BTW
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

yea i switched the blue and the red cable, now red pairs with blue and blue pairs with red:

youtube. com/watch?v=p2tt91xD7hI&feature=youtu.be

looks like its working now, thx for the help!

:edit: yea that must be it, the yakuza bl esc/motor are just the opposite to the leopard hobby/hobbywing esc/motors...

Last edited by BenTheMan; 05-14-2014 at 09:45 AM.