Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gens ace batteries - balancing issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default gens ace batteries - balancing issues

Bought two 7.4V 50C 5000mAh gens ace batteries. My buddy has the same ones and used them for a yr with no issues, they work excellent so I picked up two yesterday. Charged one and balanced is about perfect but I charged the othe and it did not balance, I'm showing 3.9 in 1 cell and 4.3 in the other which exceeds the 4.2 that each cell should have. I am going to cycle these batteries a few times to see if it will correct its self but I wanna see if anyone else has a comment on the issue??
Old 04-24-2014, 02:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuGgYBaShEr.28
Bought two 7.4V 50C 5000mAh gens ace batteries. My buddy has the same ones and used them for a yr with no issues, they work excellent so I picked up two yesterday. Charged one and balanced is about perfect but I charged the othe and it did not balance, I'm showing 3.9 in 1 cell and 4.3 in the other which exceeds the 4.2 that each cell should have. I am going to cycle these batteries a few times to see if it will correct its self but I wanna see if anyone else has a comment on the issue??
I had several lipos that I could not balance, and they were quite off. One cell being 4,21V the other 4,15V.

I had two different chargers (same brand) and they could not balance them.

I then bought a new 350W charger and it was able to balance them all. Even though it took up to a couple of hours on some. It balances them all nicely now with no problems.

Try different chargers, if you can, and be patient, allow several hours to pass. You should see, in this time, that the low cell slowly increasing the voltage.

Last edited by Salkin; 04-24-2014 at 05:33 AM.