Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radiolink RC3S radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am glad you mentioned the 3s-4s discrepancy again in your update on this radio. I don't know if I would bother trying out 4s after the debacle you experienced last time.

Otherwise looks like they really did a good job updating the specs on the radio - unfortunately both mine still work rock solid so likely no need to upgrade.

Have you tried to bind the radio to any old receivers? Guessing it wont but would be interesting to know.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I didn't have any luck getting the RC4GS to bind with the older R4EH, nor the R4EH-H nor the R4EH-G Rx's

I also couldn't get the new R4FG Rx to bind with either the older RC3S nor the RC4G Tx.

It seems that the change from 2 frequencies to 16 frequencies has made the older equipment obsolete and incompatible.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
I didn't have any luck getting the RC4GS to bind with the older R4EH, nor the R4EH-H nor the R4EH-G Rx's

I also couldn't get the new R4FG Rx to bind with either the older RC3S nor the RC4G Tx.

It seems that the change from 2 frequencies to 16 frequencies has made the older equipment obsolete and incompatible.
I'm throwing the yellow flag out. That just plain stinks. Every place I see the new receiver sold, they all say "RadioLink R4F, 4Channel Receiver for RC3S, RC4G, T8FB and the new RC4GS".
Old 09-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rustyus
I'm throwing the yellow flag out. That just plain stinks. Every place I see the new receiver sold, they all say "RadioLink R4F, 4Channel Receiver for RC3S, RC4G, T8FB and the new RC4GS".
yup, I've seen that too... no luck for me, I've got an email to the vendor to see what's up and if there is any special combination of button presses that will make the RF4G possibly "switch modes".
Old 09-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Finally got the RadioLink RF4 receiver at front door/mailbox. Hooked it up, pushed the bind button for two seconds, and connected to my RC3S with no problems.

I know what's on my wishlist now...more R4F receivers, and maybe one more RC3S transmitter if I see one on sale again.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Default They Do Bind

Originally Posted by rustyus
They DO bind! I guess I jumped the gun a bit as my R4F receiver had no problem binding the first time around with RC3S.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Three years with this radio, and POP! Rattling noise inside the radio...I thought I busted the trigger. I pictured in my head a tedious glue/repair job of some sort. Not so. Just took the next coil on the end of the spring, and reattached it.

Bent the last coil of spring...Back in business.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

I like how modular these radios are. It makes repairs easy.