Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP ESC BEC voltage spikes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default LRP ESC BEC voltage spikes.

I just recently bought a LRP Spin super 17.5 combo for my B5. I am using a MT-4 telemetry radio and the receiver voltage alarm keeps going off. I have raised the alarm to the max of 9v and the alarm is still going off. I am running a 2S 3800Mah shorty pack and a spektrum 6040 servo.

Would a external capacitor help?
Old 03-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you sure that this isn't a low voltage alarm that goes off when there are less volts than the setting? As a warning that receiver batteries are getting empty (would be useful for nitro classes with their rx packs, for example) ... to me it would make more sense that way, than something measuring max volts..

If so, putting up to 9V will cause it to always go off, and you should set it way more down (maybe even switch it off on electric cars - if your ESC has LVC).
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
Are you sure that this isn't a low voltage alarm that goes off when there are less volts than the setting? As a warning that receiver batteries are getting empty (would be useful for nitro classes with their rx packs, for example) ... to me it would make more sense that way, than something measuring max volts..

If so, putting up to 9V will cause it to always go off, and you should set it way more down (maybe even switch it off on electric cars - if your ESC has LVC).
+1
Old 03-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Well the only way to turn it off is to turn off telemetry completely and then I can't watch motor temps. From the way the alarm is worded I believe it's an over voltage alarm but I could be wrong
Old 03-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

After rtfm it is a low voltage alarm doh!!!!!!