Search

Hyperion Charger making weird noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hyperion Charger making weird noises

Hello!

I just bought my first charger (my 1st one came with my car) so I am not too used to how these work.
It is a Hyperion EOS 0720i.

I read the manual and started charging my first pack (2S//2200 Mah), it looks like its charging just fine but after 7,8 minutes the charger started making weird noises. This noise lasted maybe 1 minute then turned off and started again 8-10 minutes later and stopped again.

Is this normal? Also I noticed that sometimes the charge goes to 0A and then goes back to 2.2, again is it normal?
The charger also has cables that comes out of it from the side, from what I see in the manuel these can be tucked down in the back of the charger but it's a tight fit. Is it dangerous if the black and red cable touch themselves?

Thanks very much for the help guys!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CookieFlow
Hello!

I just bought my first charger (my 1st one came with my car) so I am not too used to how these work.
It is a Hyperion EOS 0720i.

I read the manual and started charging my first pack (2S//2200 Mah), it looks like its charging just fine but after 7,8 minutes the charger started making weird noises. This noise lasted maybe 1 minute then turned off and started again 8-10 minutes later and stopped again.

Was the pack done charging? You have tone options, they may be set to tell you when the pack is done.

Is this normal? Also I noticed that sometimes the charge goes to 0A and then goes back to 2.2, again is it normal?

That's a normal part of the balance charging process with a Hyperion.

The charger also has cables that comes out of it from the side, from what I see in the manuel these can be tucked down in the back of the charger but it's a tight fit. Is it dangerous if the black and red cable touch themselves?

Thanks very much for the help guys!
reply is in red.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

what is the noise?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Fan?