R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Team Orion Vortex R10.1 2S ESC Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/790014-team-orion-vortex-r10-1-2s-esc-thread.html)

sir_thomas 02-01-2014 10:21 AM

Team Orion Vortex R10.1 2S ESC Thread

Vortex R10.1 2S
1/10 Competition Speed Controller

http://2wdmod.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/r101-1.jpg

As soon as it was released, our Vortex R10 Pro ESC immediately proved that it could compete with and even beat the best ESCs available on the market. Over the years it has been used to win the most prestigious races, World Championships, European championships, US Nationals and a myriad of National events around the world. The Vortex R10 Pro has proven that it can offer ultimate performance in all of the 1/10th scale racing classes. We are well aware that even if our products are successful, we cannot rest and have to keep working hard to improve year after year. Our R&D team, managed by Oscar Jansen with the assistance of Joe Pillars in the USA, uses the input from our world class team drivers to further improve all the aspects of our products. Successful drivers such as, Jilles Grosskamp, Jared Tebo, Ryan Cavalieri, David Ronnefalk and Markus Moebers, just to name a few, help us test and design the best possible products. Thanks to all this hard work we can keep on offering the most competitive and most reliable products to our customers. The Vortex R10.1 Pro ESC is yet another example of this constant search for perfection, we have improved many aspects of the ESC, to ensure that you, the user, can enjoy the best possible performance. It uses a new improved PCB design which reduces resistance and increase maximum available power, combined with a new refined software that offers even better control for the throttle and brakes.

- World Champion
- European Champion
- US National Champion
- New thicker PCB for lowered resistance
- New generation FET for improved performance
- Machined aluminum case with refined cooling system
- Black Anodizing combined with Carbon look
- High grade components for unparalleled performance
- Highly customizable and updatable state of the art software
- Dual sensor port for optimal sensor wire placement
- Works with sensor and sensorless motors
- Forward/brake, forward/brake/reverse and forward/reverse function modes
- Designed for 2S LiPo
- Easy setup
- Status control by LED and audio tone

Optional program box and software available (ORI65153)
ORI65128 Vortex R10.1 2S Speed Controller

G-rem 02-01-2014 01:41 PM

Fantastic! :)

I'm just wondering if the new DSB-R+ is absolutely necessary to set up this new beast or if the "old" DSB-R can still do it...

Regards,
G-rem

freebird 02-01-2014 02:50 PM

I just bought one for use in my 22-4. by the manual and website. the Tuner box is not needed to set up and make adjustments unless you want to do boost and just a few other things. I have not run it yet but looking at the setup tables, there is a lot of variables available already.

chasingthepack 02-01-2014 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by freebird (Post 12965581)
I just bought one for use in my 22-4. by the manual and website. the Tuner box is not needed to set up and make adjustments unless you want to do boost and just a few other things. I have not run it yet but looking at the setup tables, there is a lot of variables available already.

not sure thats correct,when i got my 2/3 s version it was set up to run mod motors

Mxer59 02-06-2014 08:13 PM

When does this Esc come out?

chasingthepack 02-07-2014 11:12 AM

and more to the point have they released an update for the preceding model?

Benzaah 02-07-2014 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by chasingthepack (Post 12986016)
and more to the point have they released an update for the preceding model?

Why update something that is already awesome? I doubt I'll upgrade to these as I've got over 2 years great service from my original R10.

Welshmerlin 03-16-2014 03:04 PM

Anyone using one of these yet?

sir_thomas 03-18-2014 10:05 AM

I don't think they are released yet. I hear early summer is the release date......May or June.

sir_thomas 03-18-2014 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Benzaah (Post 12986392)
Why update something that is already awesome? I doubt I'll upgrade to these as I've got over 2 years great service from my original R10.

Yah the original R10 was awesome. I own 4 and all 4 are flawless besides a capacitor case splitting apart on one of them. I couldn't be more happy with my r10's. I'm sure I'll buy 1 or 2 R10.1's down the road for my race vehicles...but definitely gonna be hard to beat the original.

anselskho 03-18-2014 10:15 PM

..R10.1 will definitely get one or two!!

anselskho 03-18-2014 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by sir_thomas (Post 13108155)
I don't think they are released yet. I hear early summer is the release date......May or June.

My local distributor told me that will be available on mid-May!:nod:

sir_thomas 03-28-2014 11:28 AM

Cav testing

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like we got pre-production testing going on! Loving the black over the grey. Just a matter of time :)

Velocitygt 05-12-2014 08:24 AM

Anyone have any experience yet?

vr6cj 05-13-2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Velocitygt (Post 13256367)
Anyone have any experience yet?

going try it on track in couple days but offroad.

I posted here. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r10-1-pro.html