Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Advantage one 406 Charger help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Team Orion Advantage one 406 Charger help

I have been outta the hobby forever now. Just got my son a Slash for Christmas. I have still kinda kept up to date though on everything so I knew that Lipo would be a better choice. Also have a brushless set up on the way as well. Although I thought I had read the manual and understood how to use this charger. I went through and set all of the stuff on it to battery specs. Although I cannot figure out how to start the charge. I know call me stupid fellas. Once I set it what do I need to do next to start the charge? To me it never looked like it started charging. Sorry I am used to the oldschool tekin bl's.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Going out on a limb here, but is it one of the chargers where you have to hold down the start button? Also, it might have a safety built in, so after a few seconds it will shut off, and you might have to verify that you indeed start the charging before it will finish the charge. If you dont confirm charging it shuts off. (At least that is how my cheap thunder 4 button charger worked )
Old 12-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

Like Panda stated, you want to hold down the "ENTER" button for approximately 3-5 seconds. It will normally proceed to the charge mode from there... Richard
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I called Horizon. I checked all over youtube and instruction manual. It states on nicad to hold the button down. It doesnt state to hold it down on the lipo mode. I was pushing the button but it just kept scrolling through the options.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Did you try holding it down?
Old 12-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I will when I get home. Currently at work. I am pretty sure that is the issue. I just wasnt holding it down. Sure wish these manuals had better instructions.