Hobbyking ripoff

Old 10-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry Hobbyking ripoff

Never buy hobbyking!!! There horriable! Me and a friend of mine both ordered some parts to finish up our losi kit. Between the 2 of us we spent about $375! And the parts NEVER came!!! It's been 4 months!! Its hard to let this go, and they are not even responding to me!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I've never had a problem with their site. What exactly did you order? I've ordered tons of stuff from their site over the years and I've even returned some items with great success.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hmm same here ordered quite a bit of stuff from them and never had a problem.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did you order lipos? Might be your problem. Or you might have typo'd shipping details.
Shipping can take a while but calmly cover all the bases before shitting on someones business publicly ;p
Old 10-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

who waits 4 months before calling their credit card company to get their money back.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I've made several oders from them and all arrived promptly. Never once had an issue.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

same here. quick shipping, quick response. are you dealing with the usa warehouse or overseas?? usa warehouse is weird, I live close, if I order on Monday for pickup it takes a full week before I get a email saying come get it. if I order on Monday with shipping I'll have it by Thursday.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have an order now that is closing in on the 6 week mark.. and it has not shipped yet.

They are claiming they have issues with LIPOs shipping from Hong Kong. Their customer service is spotty.. they originally offered me to ship and upgrade the shipping so it can get out.. as good customer service.

I wait 2 weeks.. nothing.. so I contact again.. NOW they say I need to PAY to upgrade my shipping or remove the lipos or cancel and they will refund.

RCMART - RCMUSHROOM.. never an issue and they are HK as well.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

All the rcshops in China are having problems with Lipo shipping. It has nothing to do with Hobbyking and everything to do with the post office. Hobbyking sent out an email weeks ago stating they had all their packages returned and said they can't ship them with the post office.
RCMart will no longer ship batteries anymore.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've spent thousands with Hobby King. First rate ALWAYS. Lipos are a U.S. Post office issue, again too much regulation / govt. control, not Hobby Kings fault. Always pay with credit card AND Paypal, you are double protected and its impossible to get ripped off. If you don't have a credit card and you TT (wire transfer funds) or prepay by check or money order, just don't shop online until you're in a better place financially .
Old 05-18-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I used to order from them. Both international and US warehouse. Never any issues till my last order from there international warehouse. On march 8th I place my order for 1/8 esc n motor. March15 comes around and its stated shipped. Well after a month no updates, no package. I start filing trouble tickets. No response to any of them. I contact them through PP and they responded only insisting I close PP claim. They said I couldnt get any help until I closed dispute. I know better! Close it and no reopening it! I asked why they couldnt help while a claim wa sfiled. Never any answers to this. Eventually PP refunded me and I hevent attempted any more since.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I used to order from them. Both international and US warehouse. Never any issues till my last order from there international warehouse. On march 8th I place my order for 1/8 esc n motor. March15 comes around and its stated shipped. Well after a month no updates, no package. I start filing trouble tickets. No response to any of them. I contact them through PP and they responded only insisting I close PP claim. They said I couldnt get any help until I closed dispute. I know better! Close it and no reopening it! I asked why they couldnt help while a claim wa sfiled. Never any answers to this. Eventually PP refunded me and I hevent attempted any more since.
EXACTLY the same issue here. I ordered some stuff January of this year. 2 months later no sign of it. No responses to my attempts to contact customer service and so filed a paypal dispute. Quick as flash emails from hobby king asking me to close dispute - I refused and eventually got the money back a month later.

NEVER EVER use hobby king guys. The stuff they sell is shit chinese junk anyway and only good for bashing (which is what I originally wanted the stuff for in the first place). You definitely do get what you pay for....
Old 05-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Every order has a number. Every CC, Debit Card, M.O. , Check has a transaction. All tansaction are traceable by you. CC,DC, MO, Check you could see. 3 days after order should see the transaction on your banking account. All banking cards you have right to appeal charges, may take up to 6 weeks, by mail. Email you'll get and answer quickly, BofA, Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx is good in settling if transaction was done, and you appeal charges. After 4 months of waiting, and You have statement to Hobbyking, send to Banking account, and tell them you Emailed company, and haven't received the merchandise. Know what your right on banking account. Instead of dealing with hobbyking out right , go to a distributor that does!!! You can maybe find it thought Amazon!! anything over $50 is shipped Free. and can be delivered within the week!!!

Good Luck Dude!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
EXACTLY the same issue here. I ordered some stuff January of this year. 2 months later no sign of it. No responses to my attempts to contact customer service and so filed a paypal dispute. Quick as flash emails from hobby king asking me to close dispute - I refused and eventually got the money back a month later.

NEVER EVER use hobby king guys. The stuff they sell is shit chinese junk anyway and only good for bashing (which is what I originally wanted the stuff for in the first place). You definitely do get what you pay for....
Paypal you must do a lot of EBay. Paypal is a affiliate of Ebay, they guarantee the merchant is paid. Dealing with Paypal take longer. Going straight to your CC or Debit Card, or banking account quicker. Take the option of Paying, Paypal or as a Guest. Remember First party(CC) much better than 2nd or 3rd party( Ebay & Paypal). KNOW your rights on your bank account, take a lot of aggravation out of life.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Paypal you must do a lot of EBay. Paypal is a affiliate of Ebay, they guarantee the merchant is paid. Dealing with Paypal take longer. Going straight to your CC or Debit Card, or banking account quicker. Take the option of Paying, Paypal or as a Guest. Remember First party(CC) much better than 2nd or 3rd party( Ebay & Paypal). KNOW your rights on your bank account, take a lot of aggravation out of life.
Paypal is better because the merchant doesn't get your banking details or CC details which in my book is a bonus. Yes CC companies can also assist with disputed transactions but the process with paypal is painless and straightforward. The timeline is clear and they do most of the graft. I am fully aware of my rights and paypal suits my requirement well and they've always been fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.