Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Trakpower MS-1 ESC - ROAR Approved?? >

Trakpower MS-1 ESC - ROAR Approved??

Trakpower MS-1 ESC - ROAR Approved??

Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Trakpower MS-1 ESC - ROAR Approved??

G'day all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this ESC is ROAR approved?

It sounds like the perfect ESC for f1 class racing! It's small and apparently incredibly smooth so I'd love to be able to use it.

In their advertising it says it runs blinking light when non-timing profiles are used which "meets ROAR requirements".. but then it appears nowhere in any ROAR approved ESC lists and I can't find evidence of anyone using one in a ROAR sanctioned race?

I've tried searching for answers to this all over the internet to no avail. I've also looked at all Trakpower MS-1 posts on this site.

Hoping someone can enlighten me..

I can always go the Viper vtx10be as its similar in size and a nice clean unit as well but I really like something about the Trakpower.

Any responses appreciated.

Scott
Old 10-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I dont think roar has a list for approved escs, because all escs basically do the same thing. In theory they are all the same in their function and running one over the other will only give you the advantage of less heat or smoother responses. Whereas motors are limited because some are made with specs that would give you an unfair advantage in some races.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I dont think roar has a list for approved escs, because all escs basically do the same thing. In theory they are all the same in their function and running one over the other will only give you the advantage of less heat or smoother responses. Whereas motors are limited because some are made with specs that would give you an unfair advantage in some races.
Roar has a list of approved no timing ESCs for stock classes. Timing advance in the ESC can make rather dramatic power differences, especially dynamic or ramping timing advance. Modified is open ESC, no approval is required.

ROAR Approved Non-Timing ESC
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Roar has a list of approved no timing ESCs for stock classes. Timing advance in the ESC can make rather dramatic power differences, especially dynamic or ramping timing. Modified is open ESC, no approval is required.

ROAR Approved Non-Timing ESC
oh yes, and the non timing escs of course. So guess if would matter what race you were running in.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks very much guys.That's exactly what I wanted. Currently not on the blinky approved list. With their motors already on the list and their sec built in provision for blinky class I would assume they will try to get approval. A lot of money in having that approval. I might get one to race at my local track as they are a good casual lot so as long as it's being run zero timing they wouldn't mind. Then hope that it gets approval sometime soon...
Either that or I'll have to go viper I guess... Time for thinking ahead. Still need to buy and build an f1 anyway.
Regards