Search
Like Tree1Likes

DX4R Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whitesahara
I too like my Spektrum DX4S, even though I read lots of people on forums bashing Spektrum. That being said my only other radio experience is with my first RC's Traxxas TQi radio - I realize thats a big enough change.

I am very interested in getting this DX4R pro when it comes out, but I can't find much information online as to what the differences of the DX4S and the DX4R Pro will be aside from 11ms to 5.5ms and 50 memory profiles from 30. Can anyone who knows more about radios than I do tell me what other differences there are and if it would be worth the upgrade?

Thanks
PB

Spektrum radios are in no way bad, however i have held futaba, airtronics, and spektrum, and the futaba and airtonics seemed to be slightly higher quality the interface seemed to be better too. I could not tell any decernable difference between the performance though. (Futaba 4pl airtroonics mt4 and spektrun dx4s)
Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really like the way the DX3S feels, and very light. I race cross handed so I will have to try it first before buying. Too bad dealers don't have merchandise days where you can try their stuff out on the track like golf companies do. RC demo days would be awesome for sure.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone in the know, know if the optional DX4S Spektrum 2S 2400mAH lipo will work with the new DX4r Pro? The Spektrum site does not list anything for it yet, but I really hope it's the same.

Paul B
Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whitesahara
Does anyone in the know, know if the optional DX4S Spektrum 2S 2400mAH lipo will work with the new DX4r Pro? The Spektrum site does not list anything for it yet, but I really hope it's the same.

Paul B
The DX4R Pro is not set up out of the box to use anything other than AA batteries.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hacker07
The DX4R Pro is not set up out of the box to use anything other than AA batteries.
Sorry, I understand it comes to use batteries, but the DX4S does as well, are you able to use the same lipo as the DX4S if I have one, or is it exclusivley for AA battery use?

Thanks
PB
Old 11-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Question would be, is it worth it to upgrade from a DX3R Pro? I see slightly different technology, different case color, and some adjustability options.. Not sure thats enough to warrant an upgrade... Thoughts ?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ronisonce
Question would be, is it worth it to upgrade from a DX3R Pro? I see slightly different technology, different case color, and some adjustability options.. Not sure thats enough to warrant an upgrade... Thoughts ?
I'd like to know as well. Started my experience with Spektrum with the original DX3 (which despite changing owners a half dozen times is STILL in use today), upgraded to the DX3R when it came out, then the DX3R Pro which I am currently using and love. Never had a single reliability or glitching issue with any of my Spektrum radios regardless of esc, servo, battery, or motor combination. If I knew somebody at the track wanted a used DX3R Pro I'd sell it and buy the new radio. Who knows? Knowing myself I'll probably end up with the new radio anyway.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ronisonce
The DSMR protocol is a fairly big deal and really gives the best and most reliable connection out there today. If you crawl, it has features for you that are a big benefit. But past that, the updated trigger and the updated wheel both with the spring tension made the feel of the radio much better to me, it will be to each of you to decide past that.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

So can anyone say for sure that the scroll dial issues have been fixed ? My S radio scroll dial collapsed inside the radio twice , then I paid to upgrade to an R and paid the diferance. Had no issues for about 2-4 years but now my scroll dial does not stup at the mode that I wanna go to. I've been told it may need to be cleaned by sending it back to horizon. I'm thinking just to trade it in and pay for getting the 4R but I got about 6-8 receivers. Will all my receivers work wih this new radio? I've read the thread but there is conflicting opinions on some of my questions. Another issue is that I can only drive left hand radios. I'm gonna try calling horizon to see if they can answer my questions. Its worth saying that the remote that I have been using ( my R) has been the best radio I have ever used, the functions, the feel and the performance as well. Just now for past 4 months the scroll dial has messed me up.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
TLRacing

The 3520 receiver will work fine with the DX4R Pro. Used it at the Spektrum race this past weekend in my SCTE 2.0.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Since all the team drivers have the new radio, is Horizon going to release the radio earlier then the December date?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am currrently using a DX2S and am looking at upgrading. There is a DX4S down at one of the shops I could pickup and get going right away, or should I hold out for the DX4R Pro? Can anyone tell me the main differences? It is hard to tell from the Spektrum website.

I already see the mentioned adjustable trigger and wheel, but anything else?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Picked mine up today.

Left hand conversion is included for those that wondered. Jumbo and std grip.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Pics
Attached Thumbnails DX4R Pro-image.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Receivers
Attached Thumbnails DX4R Pro-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.