Wiki Posts
Search

My Orion R10 and Horizon Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My Orion R10 and Horizon Hobby

So I call Horizon like 2wks ago tech dept. ask them if they can solder a switch and the servo cable I'm supplying back onto my Orion R10 speedo. Guy says let me check puts me on hold comes back yes we do but not covered under warranty have to charge u, ok awesome. Send it in yesterday the tech calls me cant solder them back on but can sell u one for 20% off, yea. Tell him wait I called in and was told u could do it, he says I don't think we even sell the switch now I know this guy is an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about. Called back after getting off phone with him talked to another guy he said he thinks they do it, but can't confirm or put me through to his boss cuz there gone for the day. It says on there site they repair them, they sell the parts? So manager is calling me back today, has anyone had Horizon fix solder any switches on any speedos u have owned? Anyone know if they do this kind of work for a fee of course? If they don't which I don't know why they wouldn't does anyone know anyone or anywhere I can send this R10 to have a switch and the servo cable that goes to the receiver soldered back onto the board? Thanks so much guys sorry so long and off subject.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

You could solder it yourself, just get a small bit
Old 08-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm on the same boat as you are. I know it sucks paying $240 for a esc and not get any service out of it. I had a r10 pro for three months and started acting weird. called horizon and they told me to send it in. one week later, I receive a call from horizon stating that they don't service any orion gear. they also told me the same thing, "we'll give you 20% off towards a purchase of a new one". wtf my esc isn't 6 months old yet. they also said because of the current condition of the esc (I race on a parking lot) that it voids the warranty???? I bought the second one because of how durable my first one was. I've had my first one for almost 2 years without failing. horizon hobbies going to annoy a lot of orion gear owners if they keep this up HINT HINT. with your problem I think a trak power station with a fine tip will fix your problem. if your esc is less than a year old, give them hell. you paid for it