Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Stutters under initial soft throttle????? Help!!!!! >

Stutters under initial soft throttle????? Help!!!!!

Stutters under initial soft throttle????? Help!!!!!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Stutters under initial soft throttle????? Help!!!!!

I have a tekin rs gen 2, with a reedy Mach 2 17.5 in my offload buggy. I am having trouble with it wanting to stutter when I barely give it throttle? If I punch it no problem. If I take the weight of the wheels an hold the buggy in the air, no issues, smooth as glass. I have replaced the sensor wire with 5 news ones, I have just replaced my motor with another one, (same brand and type) and it still does it. I first thought it was sensor wire, then sensor board in motor, now I'm thinking maybe something isn't set right in my tekin, settings/sensor board. I have 20 neutral width, throttle min is 10, current limit is 50. Could it be one of these settings. Also I have calibrated my remote to esc, neutral, throttle, brake, multiple times. If you have any insight please post. Thanks for you time.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

How little throttle is being applied? If you're talking about super minimal amounts of throttle, then that's pretty normal.

You could try lowering your neutral width in order to activate more throttle sooner which would help a bit. For example, on my HW v3.1, I run the lowest amount of dead band width (called neutral width on the HW).
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply. I am talking the smallest amount possible. I will try lowering my neutral width. Thank you!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some ESCs allow you to set initial throttle drive strength. Perhaps you need to notch that up a tiny bit. It sounds like the weight of the vehicle is the factor here or some drive train resistance.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yea if you're talking about like 2% applied throttle, then that's gonna happen. Reduce the neutral width and it'll be a bit easier.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Why would u wanna use 2-3 % throttle
Old 08-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

the point im trying to get across through a computer is, when i first give the buggy throttle, under load (tires on ground) it wants to chatter the spur/pinion tog and not move. I can punch the throttle like I will be doing most of the time when racing and its fine, but i dont want to be on the starting grid for the main and get run over because of a problem from a stand still. when I barely give it throttle, 2-3% holding the buggy in the air, it has no problems and sounds like it should. Maybe im used to a touring car and 64 pitch gears and super smooth 4wd excelleration, but this just seems like I have something in the speedo wrong. Maybe having my current limiter at 50 and not off? maybe I should increase or decrease my initial throttle minimum??? thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Try changing out the sensor wire. Sounds like its having a cogging issue. The tekin will run a motor is you dislodge or remove the sensor wire after its turned on.