Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
lipo charging question >

lipo charging question

lipo charging question

Old 07-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default lipo charging question

I recently bought 2 new lipos both 2s a 5300mah and a 6000mah. I have a Hitec X1 charger. I have yet to to charge or use them, will these batteries get a full charge? Will it hurt the batteries to charge to my chargers capacity till i can afford a better charger?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think i may have got ahead of myself. I re-read my owners manual and i can charge up to 6000mah so i should be ok. I think what happen is i got so use to charging 5000mah lipos i just forgot it can go up 6000mah.

I think ill just chalk this one up to my lack of RC experience (noob)

Still if anyone has any input im always open to suggestions and willing to learn something new.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96
I think i may have got ahead of myself. I re-read my owners manual and i can charge up to 6000mah so i should be ok. I think what happen is i got so use to charging 5000mah lipos i just forgot it can go up 6000mah.

I think ill just chalk this one up to my lack of RC experience (noob)

Still if anyone has any input im always open to suggestions and willing to learn something new.
In order to keep the length of the battery life as long as possible, always balance charge them, and just be sure the charger is set on 2s and charge them about 4-5amps, and u should have great battery life, and always besure u do not run them below the lvc! And u should be good to go, and also great chargers the HITEC are!!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Id Charge the 6000mah at 6.0 amps which I believe the X1 can do, and the 5300mah I would keep at 5.3 amps unless you have a battery rated for more than 1c charge rates
Old 07-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Normally capacity helps set the charge rate. If the charger would time out/stop do to the capacity setting and not because the pack is full you should simply be able to start it again and it SHOULD recognize the CC/CV settings and stop when the pack is actually full not based on capacity...In my experience

My point, worry more about the CC/CV of the pack and charger than the capacity settings.

I can tell my Hyperion that a receiver pack is a 6000mah capacity but it will simply stop when it sees that it's full based on CC/CV and not the capacity I tell it.