Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum help????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Spektrum help????

I have recently got a spektrum dx3s with a sr3000 receiver and I put it in my sc10 2wd and the sc10 came with the xp3-ss or something like that. And when my sc10 was paired with the rtr radio the viper motor and esc had more explosive speed and more punch with the rtr radio.With the spektrum it was less explosive and was a lot smoother and slower???? plzzzz help!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The endpoints for each channel on the two radio systems are probably different. Although the Spektrum endpoints can be set past 100% I would suggest to set them to 100% and recalibrate the speed control with the new radio. You always need to do this when you change the radio or software on the speed control.

Also check the endpoints for the steering channel to ensure you get maximum travel without straining the servo.

Refer to the manuals for the exact procedure.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

+1 on making sure it's calibrated with the ESC correctly. Servo endpoints too.

Also I believe the DX3S has a throttle punch feature, make sure that is adjusted for full punch (I don't know which way that is, experiment).