Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RX8 3 hole vs 4 hole case

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

You don't have to put your CC # on the form. It states right on the top "Failure to complete all sections on this form will create delays in processing your service." It doesn't say they wont help you if you don't give them your CC. Most people want their stuff back ASAP. In order for them to do that they MAY need your CC info. Don't put it on there, but just expect it to take a little longer for them to get it back to you. So help them help you.

I just sent in an ESC monday. I suspect it will be taken care of under warranty. But I put my CC info on there anyways because I need it back ASAP.

And just because you have sprayed a chemical on one ESC doesn't mean its safe to do it to the next one. How many different formulas of plastic are out there? Look at wheels, some you can soak in acetone with no ill effects whereas others would melt in seconds.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
I was going to drop this but... I opened the nib case I got and it was missing the screws and the plugs. When you look at a pic in any sellers site and read the description you'll see they are supposed to be included. hmm. Easily forgiven because I have the old used ones.
FWIW I ran Tekin before it was Tekin. When it was Delta AutoDrive and made by Kevin when he worked for Ken at Parma. After visiting Chicago I moved there to race and got a job at a large shop as the rc car manager and raced for them for 2 years. Our shop sold all brands equally, I tried some others but remained loyal to Kevin as Tekin was born.
At some point I had to drop rc for a while to take care of the family and spent the next xx years working in sales and retail management. When I got back into the sport a few years ago I naturally went with Tekin as my nature is to be pretty loyal. As it turned out and old aquaintance was now the owner of Tekin. Jim is a great guy and I like him personally. He was a very enthusiastic noob when he showed up back in the day and he has done an awesome job with Tekin.
So I had an RX8 and an RS Pro in my new cars and it was all good.
An ad popped up in the local CL for a used rx8 and that is the one I am dealing with. (yea my mistake I know) It was dirty so I cleaned it with cleaner that I had used on dozens of esc's and hundreds of parts over the years. The case disintegrated in my hands in seconds. When I contacted them their answer was and I quote "Our material is superior to all others and you used the wrong cleaner." When I further contacted them about getting the unit checked out (the cleaner also hazed the cb) I couldn't get a clear answer about the cost and I am not going to give anyone my credit card number and just send it in. Really... well ok, I can deal with that.
So it went on the shelf and I began a search for the case. That was 2 years ago. I put in a request at the LHS who sold nothing but Tekin to get me a case.... it was a backup so I didn't pursue it daily, as time went on... no case. Blame the LHS on that, they since have new owners and recently got me a case.
In the meantime I ran my new RX8 and RSpro and was all happy.
None of that seems like a big deal but my feelings come from a different angle. I semiretired in 2008 (again to take care of family) and since that time have been a consultant in retail management and customer service. From my side professionally they made some mistakes that lost me as a customer. If you sensed something in between the lines it is simply my frustration, I have no hard feelings to them at all and still use an RX8.
You ask me what I expect them to do ?
Nothing more than they have.
What could they have done ?
I get $200 an hour as a consultant, lmk when you wanna cough up the dough and I'll give you a fat report.
Over a $10 case? Really? Take a step back and a deep breath and think about it.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
I was going to drop this but... I opened the nib case I got and it was missing the screws and the plugs. When you look at a pic in any sellers site and read the description you'll see they are supposed to be included. hmm. Easily forgiven because I have the old used ones.
FWIW I ran Tekin before it was Tekin. When it was Delta AutoDrive and made by Kevin when he worked for Ken at Parma. After visiting Chicago I moved there to race and got a job at a large shop as the rc car manager and raced for them for 2 years. Our shop sold all brands equally, I tried some others but remained loyal to Kevin as Tekin was born.
At some point I had to drop rc for a while to take care of the family and spent the next xx years working in sales and retail management. When I got back into the sport a few years ago I naturally went with Tekin as my nature is to be pretty loyal. As it turned out and old aquaintance was now the owner of Tekin. Jim is a great guy and I like him personally. He was a very enthusiastic noob when he showed up back in the day and he has done an awesome job with Tekin.
So I had an RX8 and an RS Pro in my new cars and it was all good.
An ad popped up in the local CL for a used rx8 and that is the one I am dealing with. (yea my mistake I know) It was dirty so I cleaned it with cleaner that I had used on dozens of esc's and hundreds of parts over the years. The case disintegrated in my hands in seconds. When I contacted them their answer was and I quote "Our material is superior to all others and you used the wrong cleaner." When I further contacted them about getting the unit checked out (the cleaner also hazed the cb) I couldn't get a clear answer about the cost and I am not going to give anyone my credit card number and just send it in. Really... well ok, I can deal with that.
So it went on the shelf and I began a search for the case. That was 2 years ago. I put in a request at the LHS who sold nothing but Tekin to get me a case.... it was a backup so I didn't pursue it daily, as time went on... no case. Blame the LHS on that, they since have new owners and recently got me a case.
In the meantime I ran my new RX8 and RSpro and was all happy.
None of that seems like a big deal but my feelings come from a different angle. I semiretired in 2008 (again to take care of family) and since that time have been a consultant in retail management and customer service. From my side professionally they made some mistakes that lost me as a customer. If you sensed something in between the lines it is simply my frustration, I have no hard feelings to them at all and still use an RX8.
You ask me what I expect them to do ?
Nothing more than they have.
What could they have done ?
I get $200 an hour as a consultant, lmk when you wanna cough up the dough and I'll give you a fat report.
Well I normally refrain from posting on issues like this, but can't help myself.

I have been around the retail business, both store front and online for over 30 years. One thing I have seen from the Customer Service departments over the years is that there is always "THAT" group of customers.

I would assume that since you consult in that field that you are familiar with them.

The somewhat single minded customer, (being politically correct in profiling) that no matter what customer service is provided will NEVER be satisfied with the result.

Last edited by ramctd; 06-21-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wow .....over a 10$ case is right.