Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
What do I gain by buing a new transmitter? >

What do I gain by buing a new transmitter?

What do I gain by buing a new transmitter?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If this is your first attempt at trying another radio that's not RTR quality oh boy are you in for a treat.

IHMO, the radio is THE investment in your RC collection. You will upgrade electronics, motors, engines, even cars, but the radio stays with you. It is better to invest in the best you can afford. Simply for the fact that because everyone's different, you owe it to yourself to try out as many radios to find the one that is most comfortable. Brands like KO and Sanwa have optional grip sizes to suit your tastes. Ergonomics alone is worth the upgrade before you go into the settings. Ask Jarod Tebo and the old model KO EX-10 Eurus is his favourite RC equipment.

Try out some radios at your hobby shop and spoil yourself. You won't go back to that tacky piece. Is that a one-piece molded plastic grip along with the radio case? Yuck!

Cheers!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just recently got a new airtronics m11x for a unbelievable price and can't wait since it's supposed to be better than my DX3R PRO.
I started racing a little over a year ago and started with a used radio KO PROPO MARS w/spektrum module so figured I'd just buy a spektrum radio since I had 3rx's already. Immediately the first time using the radio I couldn't believe the difference and my lap times were much faster. I just felt more connected with my car like I was actually driving it.
So yes a radio makes a difference!!
IMHO once you get into the higher end radios it comes down to personal preference since the speed of them in comparison will never be noticed after a certain latency (4ms and 2.5ms how are we going o feel it it's both instantaneous) so pick the radio you like and go with it, you will be able to drive to the best of your abilities without a RTT radio holding you back