Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spek. w/ new servo glitch

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Default Spek. w/ new servo glitch

I have a spektrum dx2s which I was running with a spektrum s6040 before and a rx cap which fixed the glitching, now I'm running the savox 1258 and even w/ a bigger novak rx cap I still get glitching but just barely, what could I do to fix this???, can I bind the spektrum transmitter with another receiver that's better and won't cutout with my setup?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I have a spektrum dx2s which I was running with a spektrum s6040 before and a rx cap which fixed the glitching, now I'm running the savox 1258 and even w/ a bigger novak rx cap I still get glitching but just barely, what could I do to fix this???, can I bind the spektrum transmitter with another receiver that's better and won't cutout with my setup?
From all the posts I've seen in the past...Spektrum and Savox servos DO NOT like each other. Savox are power hungry servos. Some guys get by with a glitchbuster and some don't! May have to go with a different brand servo! Others may chime in here on this.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

So if I get a external bec that'll stop the glitching correct, if so how big are they cause I have the scte 2.0 running the hobbywing xerun sct pro/4700kv combo and with all the electronics on the chassis everything is a tight fit as is
Old 04-26-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Castle BECs are fairly small, just more wires to get in the way. I had spektrum, then went to futaba. Still needs a cap on the receiver with a 1257, but ive had no problems with it. I guess dsm2(?) helps eliminate that problem as well, but caps are way cheaper
Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 AM
Suspended

it will not matter what rx u use.. It is the servo alone as stated the savox is POWER HUNGRY..without a Ubec this will happen..
Old 04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yea its not just a Spektrum issue. I put a Savox servo in my RC8.2e today with my M11X and it glitches like crazy.... even with a cap installed
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

And the Castle BEC that many of the Savox guys seem to frequently rely on is known to occasionally fail and pass full voltage. Can be lights out for the servo and receiver, especially if running higher than 2S. Just sayin.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I use 2 Savox servos in a 2wd buggy and a stadium truck. All "sponsored" equipment by a friend of mine. I have no issues with DSM2 (sr3100) receivers but honestly if I was going to buy a servo, spending another $20 over the price of a Savox is money well spent. I personally just don't see why people think these servos are so great.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I personally just don't see why people think these servos are so great.
Totally agree. I run a Spektrum radio with 3100 receivers in my 3 race vehicles and 300 receivers in my 3 "play" vehicles. Never a single glitching issue regardless of esc or servo and I run many different servos. Lots of people insist that the 6040 Spektrum servo and the 1258 Savox are the same servo, yet very few have had any issues with the Spektrum servo but it seems like everyone has issues with the Savox. Factor in 20 extra bucks for a almost necessary bec and how good of a deal are these things . . . . . really?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Yea I had a spek. s6040 before the savox but I had sold it w/ another r/c to make it rtr and kept the savox cause I didn't have a servo horn for the savox at the time