Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

GT3C User for 2 montsh here . Today when i just started drifting my rc the spring on the steering wheel which makes it return on the neutral position broke ... i contacted rcmart for the problem . Any ideas ?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Got my FS-GT3C a few days ago. Can't wait for next weekend so I can take it racing with my new Spec-R S-1.

Only problem I am having is it does not recognize it in VRC Pro. Windows 7 does not install drivers
Old 11-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartyDavis
I am a model boater and love this radio. I got Austin's Hack Kit and the radio now has most everything one could want. The price for additional receivers is great and I have found no negatives at all.

Marty Davis
Tell me about the hack kit, what features does it give that aren't on the original software? I'm rather curious, thanks.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys is it possible to change the spring on the trottle triger to a stiffer one ? How can i locate it ?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Edit: Wrong thread!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

I received one yesterday to go over for my brother. I ordered the green one from Hobbypartz.

I opened it up and started looking at it. Feels pretty good. I did check to make sure the power button did not need the mod and that it in fact had the bearing installed. So, the GT3C has 3 mods done for you compared the the GT3B. The C comes with the bearing, power button mod and a lipo battery.

Going over the charging. Was wondering why it came with 3 cables. You use the standard micro USB to charge it. WIN7 does not recognize it with the standard USB cable but does charge it. The LED light is red while charging, then it turned green when it was fully charged.

I then tried to use it with VRC. That is when I figured out you need to use the all 3 cables to use it as an input device. You have a USB to 3.5mm cable. It has a circuit board in it. You then plug the 3.5mm to USB female, then you plug the standard micro USB into that. Then WIN7 saw it as an input device and I was able to setup VRC.

I may get one just to mod and see what it can do with all of the updated firmware. For $50.00 it is well worth the money. Going from a RTR radio to this is a big leap of comfort and ease of programming.

Buzz.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default USB Trainer port FS-GT3C

Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard
I received one yesterday to go over for my brother. I ordered the green one from Hobbypartz.

I opened it up and started looking at it. Feels pretty good. I did check to make sure the power button did not need the mod and that it in fact had the bearing installed. So, the GT3C has 3 mods done for you compared the the GT3B. The C comes with the bearing, power button mod and a lipo battery.

Going over the charging. Was wondering why it came with 3 cables. You use the standard micro USB to charge it. WIN7 does not recognize it with the standard USB cable but does charge it. The LED light is red while charging, then it turned green when it was fully charged.

I then tried to use it with VRC. That is when I figured out you need to use the all 3 cables to use it as an input device. You have a USB to 3.5mm cable. It has a circuit board in it. You then plug the 3.5mm to USB female, then you plug the standard micro USB into that. Then WIN7 saw it as an input device and I was able to setup VRC.

I may get one just to mod and see what it can do with all of the updated firmware. For $50.00 it is well worth the money. Going from a RTR radio to this is a big leap of comfort and ease of programming.

Buzz.
Can you please post a pic or diagram of your connection to pc with cables I have been wondering about how to do this since I discovered that there is no trainer port, your help would be much appreciated

I managed to work it out with the help of the above post and have FS-gt3c working with VRC Pro perfectly, simple solution as above but mine did not come with extra cables so I just used a spare usb socket from old pc and connected green wire to tip of 3.5mm jack and black wire to earth of 3.5mm jack then plugged the 3.5mm jack into my Saili generic simulator and set it up on (g4,g5) (switch on side selects setting for different games, found this position works best) then connect other end with normal usb cable to transmitter... . Plug SAILi simulator into pc and let drivers load then just calibrate in windows game controller and you are ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread-20140103_090020.jpg   Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread-20140103_090000.jpg  

Last edited by Stano71; 01-02-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: I worked it out. PPM at USB on FS-GT3C
Old 01-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

I thought it was funny how you have to use an adapter for the adapter to use the final adapter to get it to work. You need a bunch of cable to get it all plugged in.

Once you get it all plugged in, it does work. I have the it4, one cable and I am good.

Buzz.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm still a bit confused by the whole adapter thing and getting the GT3C to work with VRC.

My GT3C only came with one cord. Has the USB on one end and the other end is much smaller and plugs in to the back of the GT3C.
I am running windows 8 and it doesn't recognize the controller at all. So that cable is just good for charging at this point.

Can anyone give me a little more help? It appears that I need another type of cable, can anyone point me in the direction for the cable I need?
thnx!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Indetrucks;12912487]I'm still a bit confused by the whole adapter thing and getting the GT3C to work with VRC.

My GT3C only came with one cord. Has the USB on one end and the other end is much smaller and plugs in to the back of the GT3C.
I am running windows 8 and it doesn't recognize the controller at all. So that cable is just good for charging at this point.

Can anyone give me a little more help? It appears that I need another type of cable, can anyone point me in the direction for the cable I need?
thnx![

you will need a simulator to convert to PPM signal from controller to something windows can understand, if you have a look at my post above you can see what is required to get it working. SAILi simulator is cheap on ebay etc, then you just need a usb socket and 3.5mm jack to make your own adapter cord see photos at previous post above , will not work with cord alone.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12861312-post52.html
Good luck
Old 01-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Will this connector work? (It wont let me post the complete URL because I am a noob.

www(dot)aliexpress(dot)com/snapshot/315257752
Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Indetrucks
Will this connector work? (It wont let me post the complete URL because I am a noob.

www(dot)aliexpress(dot)com/snapshot/315257752

sorry mate but the above link wont work(page not found) , I got my usb socket from the back of an old pc and the 3.5mm jack leftover from multi fit ac adapter (jaycar /dick smith or similar) wired as pictured in previous post, if your cord looks like that AND is wired the same way it will work as long as you have the usb simulator as well , you could also go directly from mini usb to 3.5mm as long as green goes to tip , black to earth , then you would only have one cable between GT3c and simulator
Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Try this, I forget the .html at the end and I guess it needed it.

www(dot)aliexpress(dot)com/snapshot/315257752.html
Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Indetrucks
Try this, I forget the .html at the end and I guess it needed it.

www(dot)aliexpress(dot)com/snapshot/315257752.html
did you get it to work?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stano71
did you get it to work?
It still hasn't show up yet (part in link I ordered)
It's on a slow boat from China.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.