R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Sanwa/ Airtronics reciever problem

I am running a Sanwa M11x with the 451R receiver, yesterday i has a problem where my steering and throttle would slow up with a delay then the car would freeze. Did a bit of trouble shooting and i think it was a battery issue (7.4v Lipo) but had a similar problem not long ago with another reciever and thought it was the battery but turned out to be the receiver.

My question is there any ways of testing the reciever to see if its faulty.

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger View Post
I am running a Sanwa M11x with the 451R receiver, yesterday i has a problem where my steering and throttle would slow up with a delay then the car would freeze. Did a bit of trouble shooting and i think it was a battery issue (7.4v Lipo) but had a similar problem not long ago with another reciever and thought it was the battery but turned out to be the receiver.

My question is there any ways of testing the reciever to see if its faulty.
Had pretty much the same issue with my m12 and 471 receiver in one part of the track loss of signal and would then come good
Hobbywing xr10 pro
Awesomatix a800x
gavaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just had a similar problem yesterday at a RC Pro race. I'm using a M12 with the RX 471 rx in my truggy A main warmup, I would temporarily loose signal, and I also thought it was dead lipo rx pack, changed it out with fresh battery, same issue, I would get a blinking blue light on the RX. Unplugged all servos and transponder and hooked a battery straight to the RX same thing, flashing blue light, then a steady blue light then no light then back to flashing. Tried rebind it, still same issue.
Had no issues with the other RX 471 in the buggy A main at all.
This is the first time this rx has been used, it had 4 rounds of 5 min qual and this started on the warm up table right before the A main.
Any ideas?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Forgive me if this is up the wrong road. I haven't had a nitro car since 1969. On a real car a bad sparkplug can cause interference, possible for a glow plug to do the same thing ?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC8racer View Post
Just had a similar problem yesterday at a RC Pro race. I'm using a M12 with the RX 471 rx in my truggy A main warmup, I would temporarily loose signal, and I also thought it was dead lipo rx pack, changed it out with fresh battery, same issue, I would get a blinking blue light on the RX. Unplugged all servos and transponder and hooked a battery straight to the RX same thing, flashing blue light, then a steady blue light then no light then back to flashing. Tried rebind it, still same issue.
This is the first time this rx has been used, it had 4 rounds of 5 min qual and this started on the warm up table right before the A main.
Any ideas?
Yeh myself had 4 round of qualifying then final 3 laps in all went pear shaped.

So what have you done to rectify the problem?

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRC8racer View Post
Any ideas?
Iam wondering if it's a receiver problem maybe caused from heat off the engine or just dodgy receivers my issues were exactly the same as yours I also use my m12 and a different 471 receiver in my 1/10th electric with no problems what so ever
Hobbywing xr10 pro
Awesomatix a800x
gavaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well I got to unpack everything last night from the race out of town and I was eager to diagnose the problem with the receiver in my RC8T/CE. So I put every thing back like it was going into the main and the only thing I had to do was switch models in the radio. I plugged in the 7.4 hump pack plugged in both servos turn the switch on turned the radio on and everything worked normal on the table. No loss of signal, no blinking light on the receiver. I let set on the bench for 15min and constentanly turning the steering and working throttle and break no issues at all. I have not fired it up but I will in the next few days and see how it works. Very strange for sure. Not sure if it needed to reset or something or what. I don't know. I did notice during my inspection at the track that the negative side of my transponder wire at the plug was barely hanging on, not sure if it could have been arching accross to the positive side and causing a short of somewhat and the receiver needed time to reset. I have no clue..