Wiki Posts
Search

Turnigy GTX3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Turnigy GTX3 ?

I was looking into upgrading into a cheap radio as my stock radio is a 2.7GHz which is really bad to be honest.

The turnigy gtx3 is a 2.4GHz which is surely better than my current radio. Anyone knows if it is a good radio or if someone has own it before, mind doing a small review?

thanks!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I don't own the GTX3, but I have been running the FS-GT3B and FS-GT3C radios which use the same electronics. Overall I am relatively happy with the electronics for a basher or entry level racer, but wouldn't recommend the electronics if you want super smooth response with really fast frame rates.

I recently bought a Turnigy 3XS and found it to more comparable to a Spektrum radio with respect to performance, however some folks have claimed having problems with the plastic parts being too cheap for them, but no failures on my radio over the past week of use.

If you think you will be in the hobby for a while and plan to do some racing, then I would recommend checking out the Futaba 4PL or Airtronics MT4 if you want to have a hassle free experience.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got myself the Turnigy GTX3 for now though. Once I have more cash, definitely I'll be looking into getting the MT4. Cheers mate.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

I just put a GTX3 system in my Slash4x4 a week ago.I have ran through 2 charged 3s lipos so far.
If you get one be sure to set the fail safe on the receiver. I lost control once and it happened to Bigsquid when they did their review.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Has anyone ever opened the top?

I bought the Turnigy GTX3 with plans to do the firmware mod from losikid/overkillrc .

However I realize that the screw layout on top is different.

I can't get the top off!

Has anyone ever upgraded the firmware on this TX?
Attached Thumbnails Turnigy GTX3 ?-23165p2-2-1-.jpg