Search

savox servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default savox servo problem

Hey all

I have a savox 1251mg low profile servo.

The problem is that after turning right it doesn't go back to its normal position but turning left is fine.

Its about 5-6 degrees out from neutral measuring from a setup station, causing me to swerve a lot on the straight.

Being used in a TA06 and only used it 3-4 times so its like new haven't been in any collisions either

Any ideas is it stuffed or can i do something on the remote to cure this ?

Alex
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you have any binding in your steering linkage. I was having a VERY similar problem in my stampede and come to find out I had binding in my linkage. I checked everything from the caster blocks all the way toward the servo saver.

Tim
Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

i will give it another check, but before it seems ok as i recently rebuilt the steering system.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm not very familiar with the TA06, but back when I was running my Mini, I replaced the kit servo saver with the Tamiya blue upgraded one. With both servo savers, I was having trouble driving the car down the straight. I finally found that both the kit and upgrade units had a bit of free play and sort of a "click" just as they come back to center. Much like you're describing, the unit would turn left, but not quite back to center unless you gave it a nudge with your fingers. With mine, it would do this in both directions though.

I took the new one apart, looked at it for a minute and simply replaced with with a Kimbrough Mid-Size servo saver for $7. I didn't have any problems after that. My daughter was having the same trouble with her Mini as well using the kit piece.

Not sure what the TA06 uses, but if they happen to be the same servo saver as the Mini, I'd look there for starters.

Good luck
Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah i think the ta06 has the same servo savers as all the other tamiya cars. Thanks for the input i will look into it and see
Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

found out it was the servo horn/saver. changed it to a fixed one to check and it seems to work fine, will give it a test over the weekend

Many thanks ppl