Community
Wiki Posts
Search

modding flysky GT3b for lipo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default modding flysky GT3b for lipo

Before I mod my Gt3b for lipo are there any problems after doing the lipo mod I need to know about before I do it?? Im going to eventually gt the hack kit as well but for now I just want to lipo it.

Thanks

Tim
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I have rechargable aa's in mine and they last quite a while. I have been looking into converting it to a battery pack too, I haven't done too much research but I couldn't seen to find a 12 volt lipo. I did see an 11.1 volt one which is close enough to work I think. Let me know how this works out for you and what battery you end up using
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Doggifizzle
I have rechargable aa's in mine and they last quite a while. I have been looking into converting it to a battery pack too, I haven't done too much research but I couldn't seen to find a 12 volt lipo. I did see an 11.1 volt one which is close enough to work I think. Let me know how this works out for you and what battery you end up using
Hey dude thanks for the reply, I did end up ordering a couple 11.1 packs off ebay from a store called Hobby cool usa. gimmee a sec and Ill post the links for them. I watched several tube vids and it seems easy enough to do and I think itll work out pretty good.

I think it is a zip power 11.1 20c 1000Mah

I ordered a lipo pouch a bulk of jst connector (10 sets) and the two lipos for like 35.00 shipped. Cant wait to get modding on the radios I think after a bit of tweaking those will be killer radios.

Tim
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've replaced the AA's with standard 3-cell lipos with no other changes on two gt3b's. no issues at all. I'm always paranoid about going under voltage on the lipo so I use a lva with it, cheap and safe.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bugglass
I've replaced the AA's with standard 3-cell lipos with no other changes on two gt3b's. no issues at all. I'm always paranoid about going under voltage on the lipo so I use a lva with it, cheap and safe.
thanks for your input. Im excited to do the mod. I also went ahead and got the hack kit as well. be a pretty nice radio when Im done with it.

Tim
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Easiest mod ever.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Im pretty happy with my gt3b , some people don't like it but it meets my needs no problem. What kind of hacks are available for it and what extra features could they unlock? I was a little skeptical at first when I saw how little the cost was for Flysky stuff, but now I'm really happy I bought it.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Doggifizzle
Im pretty happy with my gt3b , some people don't like it but it meets my needs no problem. What kind of hacks are available for it and what extra features could they unlock? I was a little skeptical at first when I saw how little the cost was for Flysky stuff, but now I'm really happy I bought it.
I am really happy with ours. I just did the lipo mod on both of them and it went very well. Makes a HUGE difference in the weight of the radio. I have also ordered the hack kit new voltage regulator and steering wheel bearing mods. I reckon with the hack kit you can open up a whole world of different options, you can set LVC alarms, expo is fixed, higher trim levels, way more model memory I think maybe up to like 15 depending on the channels you have. Lots of different settings for the rockcrawlers 4WS, different diff lock options.

The only problem Im having is my computer wont open up the firmware link and I need to try to figure out how to open it.

Im excited to get the kits and see just what all can be done with them.

Tim