Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS: Why does Throttle profile affect Blinky

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tekin RS: Why does Throttle profile affect Blinky

I prefer the linear profile (#3) but when I select it, blinky goes away. Throttle profile should have nothing to do with it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Throttle Profile does affect Blinky. Unfortunately "They" see any ESC changes as not Blinky anymore due to just the fact that it has been altered even though you have not added boost, just changed the curve a bit. Just adjust your radio to your liking instead if you have the adjustments.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think I sort of figured it out. If you are in blinky and change the profile manually (on the speedo) it ends blinky. I still don't know why. But if I change the throttle curve in the hotwire sw, then lock it into spec. It stays in blinky.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For a while now changing the 'TP' setting using the buttons on the speedo changes the 'Timing Profile', not the 'Throttle Profile'. This is why the speedo is moving out of blinky mode, since you're switching to a different timing profile.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI, you may want to post any future questions regarding the Tekin RS here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sensored.html
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnmo
I think I sort of figured it out. If you are in blinky and change the profile manually (on the speedo) it ends blinky. I still don't know why. But if I change the throttle curve in the hotwire sw, then lock it into spec. It stays in blinky.
This is because you're running 223 software. So in 223 the "TP" Setting while using the buttons is NO longer the "throttle profile." It was changed to be "Timing Profiles" and will add boost in any other setting other than TP1.

If you want throttle profile 3 it's the default. If you want to change throttle profile, you MUST use the Hotwire to do so.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
This is because you're running 223 software. So in 223 the "TP" Setting while using the buttons is NO longer the "throttle profile." It was changed to be "Timing Profiles" and will add boost in any other setting other than TP1.

If you want throttle profile 3 it's the default. If you want to change throttle profile, you MUST use the Hotwire to do so.
Solid answer. Thank you Randy.