Wiki Posts
Search

Ace Cougar P3 3-Channel 2.4GHz PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Ace Cougar P3 3-Channel 2.4GHz PROBLEMS

Got an Ace Cougar P3 3-Channel 2.4GHz that came with the Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk VX RTR kit. It worked perfectly fine, until shipping it to someone. They pulled it out of the box (no damage to the box at all), and now it beeps and flashes for about 2 minutes, and settles in a stasis mode where it beeps every 10 seconds and flashes red. You get no response with the Rx that it was binded to.

Hobbico support says it would not be cost effective to replace. Any suggestions? Is it a total loss?

The manual says nothing about reseting the unit to defaults.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://youtu.be/OF_8Mz1DJ5g
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Angry

Originally Posted by visual_rabbi
Got an Ace Cougar P3The manual says nothing about reseting the unit to defaults.
This radio is generally crap. Mine died at the end of the season shortly before regional competition due to the internal rapture of the co-axial wire used as antenna. No refunds are in question
Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, seems to be the case. Called tech support and I have to pay for shipping and service if the part or repair is not under warranty - $40/hour. This unit is now out of warranty by a couple months and they suggested it's probably not worth the cost of repair. I won't buy any of their stuff from now on.