Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder AC6 Charger Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it possible to turn off the charge timer and simply use the mah setting? Reason I ask is that I have two 6500Mah 65C, 2S packs and of course these take quite a long time to charge since I can only charge at 5.0A.

So Right now I've upped the timer to 140 min...but they generally stop charging around the 100 mark (one goes closer to the 120 mark sometimes).
Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

have you had any solutions to this? I've recently gotten an issue with my 2 year old AC6. Up until now, I'd be one of those people who say "Best $50 I've spent" but now, I'm a bit irritated. My AC6 balances at 4.16 and 4.2 volts per cell. I replaced the balance board with the same results. I contacted Hobby Partz and they told me its broke. I asked if there was a diagnosis, something I could test to see if I could manage to find the issue, whether in the balance board or in the unit itself, they said no and sorry.

I got my use out of the $50 I spent on the thing. I have had it for probably 2 years now, but what happened, seemingly overnight. it takes over 2 hours to charge from 3.7 or so, a 5000mah battery that for over a year has taken the typical amount of time, short and sweet. The only way to balance my batteries now is to charge each cell at 1s, individually.

Im not disappointed that an inexpensive charger broke, I am disappointed that my charger broke for no reason and there has been no support to explain or diagnose why. I loved this charger and hobby parts for that matter, up until about 5 minutes ago.

Any assistance in diagnosing this similar issue would be beneficial to many people.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

After reading this glad i didn't buy one, I was about to but went with a racers edge charger and it works great 7.4v 5000 from 3.8 to 4.2 in about 20 min at 6 amps.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually, I figured out my issue, finally. I had a few frayed strands of wire on the negative side of the main leads. Actually, there were only a few let. Anyway, resoldered the ends and it's working like new. Actually just finished charging a 6v pb acid for my nephews toy car that he rides it all around the yard. Its a pretty good charger.